Consortium of Universities for Global Health
Reflection in Global Health Essay Contest, Submissions Due Sept. 30
Please submit your essay for the8th Annual CUGH Reflection in Global Health Essay Contest. Submissions are due September 30, 2019. This is open for undergraduate, graduate, domestic students, international students, and faculty.
Reflection is a powerful tool in global health education and practice. All current undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate trainees as well as GH practitioners are invited to submit essays to reflect upon the meaning and lessons learned from global health experiences.
These may be in a research, educational, clinical, or service capacity. The impacts of these experiences on professional development and personal growth are revealed in new partnerships, insights into cross-cultural or ethical issues and ideas for change.
Click here for writing prompts: RFLCT: A Rubric for Reflection at Stritch.
Click here to see essay previously selected for the reflection in Global Health Anthology.
- The essay must be written while the applicant fits into one of the three contest categories described below, must be the work of a single author, and must represent original work. Essays must not have been previously published in print or electronic format.
- Entries must be in English, at least 11 point font, doubled-spaced, and must not exceed 1,000 words.
- Essay should be written in Microsoft or OpenOffice document.
- Do not put your name or any other identifying information on the document. Mention of any other individuals in the document should conform to anonymity standards to ensure privacy.
- Include the title of your essay on all pages of your word document submission.
- Only ONE submission per person.
- Essays not meeting all requirements will be disqualified from the contest
Send an email (including the below information) with your essay as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First Name then Last Name
- Title of Essay
- Phone Number
- Email Address (reachable even after graduation)
- School/Sponsoring Institution/Training Program where enrolled or affiliated
- Degree Program (if applicable)
- Indicate category of submission (IMPORTANT!)
More Faculty Updates
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.