Recovery Coach (P/T, 10hrs/wk), Rowan Homes – Judson
The Recovery Coach will facilitate one group meeting per week on topics related to addiction and recovery. Recovery coach will meet with individual residents on a one-on-one basis to discuss individual struggles and discuss ways to cope with daily life stressors and overcome barriers to recovery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet with residents currently in recovery in group setting to strengthen, empower and encourage them to become leaders. Utilize time in group setting to discuss struggles with reaching recovery.
- Supports and teaches recovery and recovery tools and models personal responsibility, self-advocacy, and hopefulness.
- Meet with residents who have recently relapsed or are struggling in addiction to find the right path to recovery.
- Provide encouragement, support and resources to those struggling with addiction.
- Meet residents where they are at in order to build relationships and trust with residents.
- Conducts drug screens with residents.
- Reviews progress from previous encounter upon each new encounter with resident.
- Provide respectful, structured, confidential, and non-judgmental, space for residents to discuss struggles with addiction and issues related to addiction.
- Develop Recovery Plans and Goals with each resident to provide structure and goal oriented behavior with resident, in particular related to employment and education.
- Support residents in becoming self-sufficient by acknowledging strengths and areas for development.
- Attend trainings to stay current and abreast of changing trends in the recovery world.
- Support and assists participant when necessary, with appointments and recovery oriented activities, including accessing treatment.
- Document services in electronic database.
- Certified Peer Specialist or Certified Recovery Specialist, with lived experience with a Substance Use Disorder and now in recovery
- One year of work experience with persons with Substance Use Disorders
- Experience with group facilitation
- Demonstrated computer skills with Microsoft Word and Outlook and electronic charting databases
· Associates Degree in a related field
Project HOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position requires criminal background checks and drug screen.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.