Recovery Act 101 for small businesses
Posted by on May 4, 2009
Recovery Act 101
How new stimulus dollars can help you green, grow, and train the workforce for your small business.
Come and join The City of Philadelphia’s Commerce Department, U.S. Small Business Administration, and Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia on Monday, May 11 for an informative free forum at the Community College of Philadelphia.
This forum is targeted for small businesses. Attendees will learn how to access essential information and resources needed to prepare and position their businesses to participate in the new programs and initiatives created by the U.S. Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
Topics discussed will be the top 10 things your business needs to do NOW to compete for new government contracts.
At our Breakout Sessions participants will learn how to:
* Locate initiatives that are approved and being put out for bid
* Bid on government contracts
* Team up with larger vendors to acquire contracts
* Determine potential business areas where initiatives are being funded
* Identify and contact major prime contractors
* Find help and financing to green their business
* And much, much, more….
Invited guests include:
* Mayor Michael Nutter, City of Philadelphia
* Mark Alan Hughes, Director of Sustainability, City of Philadelphia
* David Dickson, District Director, U.S. Small Business Administration
* Leanne Krueger-Braneky, Executive Director, Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia
* Kevin Dow, Deputy Commerce Director, Office of Neighborhood and Business Services
* A member from Workforce Development
Small Business Technical Support Agencies and resources on hand at the event include:
* City of Philadelphia Office of Business Services
* Small Business Development Centers of both Temple University and the University of Pennsylvania
* SBA Lenders
* Sustainable Business Network
* Sustainability Program Lenders
* and more….
DATE: May 11, 2009
TIME: 8:30 am to 10:30 am
WHERE: Community College of Philadelphia
Winnet Student Life Building
17th between Spring Garden and Callowhill
To Register for this Event:
Who Should Attend:
Manufacturing, Construction, Retail, and Service Providers
8:30 – 8:45 am
Dr. Steve Curtis, President, Community College of Philadelphia
8:45 – 9:00 am
Mayor Michael Nutter, City of Philadelphia
9:00 – 9:45 am
Executive Director, Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia
9:30 – 10:30 am
Break Out Sessions
Greening your Business | Training the Workforce | Growing your Business
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Healing for Healers: Grief and Loss for Caregivers – Oct 30
- Take a Stroll to Raise Awareness for the Health of Black Men and Boys in Philadelphia – Nov 7
- MacArthur Community Advisory Committee Town Hall: Reimagining Public Safety – Oct 28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.