Rebuild Director of Grants and Philanthropic Engagement, City of Philadelphia
Posted by City of Philadelphia on April 28, 2020
The Director of Grants and Philanthropic Engagement will be responsible for leading Rebuilds fundraising efforts. This will include updating and executing a fundraising strategy, working with partner organizations and departments to identify and pursue new funding opportunities, cultivating relationships with donors, and overseeing all reporting and relationship management with donors.
This position will work closely with Rebuilds Executive Director and the rest of the leadership team.
- Review and update Rebuilds fundraising strategy
- Research and conduct outreach to prospective donors
- Develop and maintain a system to track donor prospects and funder outreach
- Coordinate and collaborate with Rebuild partners (e.g. other funders, nonprofit partners, other departments) to pursue funding opportunities
- Work with Rebuild staff and partners to develop compelling, feasible projects and opportunities for donors to invest in
- Lead all grant-writing and development of donor requests
- Manage donor relationships and serve as primary point of contact for current and prospective donors
- Work with Finance and Administration staff to track funding commitments, ensuring that dollars are disbursed and spent in a timely manner and according to all requirements and restrictions on donated funds
- Work with Communications and Finance staff to ensure that all funders receive narrative and financial updates in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Research Project Coordinator
- Executive Director, Montgomery County Redevelopment Authority
- Director of Administration, City of Philadelphia Law Department
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.