Real Talk: Understanding, Leading, and Engaging Diversity Through Dialogue – Jan 7
Posted by Blue Door Group on December 18, 2018
During a full day workshop in the Lehigh Valley, participants will:
● Engage in open, honest dialogues about social identities like race, gender, and socioeconomic status (that could also be modified for participants’ audiences), and
● Uncover some obstacles to facilitating difficult conversations about social identities.
DATE AND TIME
Mon, January 7, 2019
10:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST
Cedar Crest College
100 College Drive
Allentown, PA 18104
Transformational intergroup dialogue helps individuals assume responsibility for communicating with the real individuals in the room, not societal representations. As part of the learning process, participants engage in activities that promote constructive conflict and invite the sharing of personal challenges and triumphs in intergroup exchanges and relationships.
Registration deadline is January 1, 2019.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Leveraging Research to Affect Policy – Jul 23
- Power to the Youth Chat: 2020 Census and the Role Youth Play in Shaping our City’s Future – Jul 16
- Join MCAAM for Black Education and the Effect of COVID-19 – July 16
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.