Read.Write. Act. Virtual Conference
Posted by on February 2, 2009
This year, in order to reduce our carbon footprint and reach more participants, SCALE decided to offer our annual Read.Write. Act. Conference as a “virtual” event. I’m pleased to announce that registration for this year’s event will be FREE! We see this year as a pilot event and hope you will join us to explore new ways to learn and come together as a community.
A few things about registration:
* Go to the link on our website and register. http://www.readwriteact.org/rwa/registration_2009.htm
* Set aside time at work, school, or home to participate in webinars on February 3rd, 4th, or 5th.
* Next week, we will send you a survey and ask you to sign up for individual workshops on one or all of the days. Workshops will be scheduled between 11am and 6pm EST.
* After you return the workshop survey, we will send you links to the events you’ve selected and participant “how-to” attend basics.
We look forward to learning with you at SCALE’s first Read.Write. Act. Virtual Conference
Tuesday, February 3rd
Overview of CIRCLE’s Indicators of Civic Engagement and Youth Political Research
Leveraging Resources: Using the National Service-Learning Clearinghouse
Breaking Free: Exploring New Models for K-12 and Higher Education Partnerships
Building Youth Literacy in Mentoring Programs – LEARNS
Using a Blog as a Communication Tool for Ongoing Literacy Support & Professional Development
Wednesday, February 4th
Teams in Training: Best Practices of the IUPUI America Reads Program
Designing Best Practices and Technical Assistance to Fit Your Program’s Needs
NYLC – The K-12 Service-Learning Standards for Quality Practice
Creative Recruitment: Finding the Right Volunteers to Work with Youth – LEARNS
Thursday, February 5th
Cross Cultural Team Teaching: A Promising Model for International Literacy
Pen Friends Program: Partnering University and Elementary Students
Learn and Serve America’s Social Media Grants and New Grant Opportunities
A Framework to Measure Program Performance in Adult Literacy
Quantifying Quality: Analysis of a Guided System for Service Learning and Civic Engagement
America Learns: Improving Tutoring Programs
More in "Miscellaneous"
- All 17 Phila. Satellite Election Offices Are Open
- Growing Relationships in a Pandemic: A Toolkit – Nov 2 or 9
- Webinar: Closing the Perceptions Gap Among Stakeholders on the Work Readiness of College Graduates – Oct 28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.