Abington Art Center
Pt-time Studio School Director, Abington Art Center
Part-time (25-30 hours/week) Tuesday-Thursday, some Saturdays and evenings
The Studio School Director works with Studio School staff and over 20 faculty to offer 200 classes, camps and workshops each year. The Director is responsible for the hiring of teaching artists, curriculum development, oversight of the Studio School budget and the overall administration and enrollment in AAC’s arts programming.
- Develop curriculum and schedule arts programming in painting, drawing, jewelry, printmaking, ceramics and youth classes and summer camps.
- Recruit and hire teaching artists and certified art educators.
- Manage faculty and troubleshoot issues that arise on a daily basis within the school.
- Manage administrative staff for the Studio School to assure the smooth operation of all school and gallery procedures, including brochure production, website updates, artist calls for exhibitions and volunteer activity.
- Maintain CRM database to ensure updated student enrollment and contact information.
- Oversee Studio School facilities and art studios. Maintain appearance and upkeep of all areas of the building.
- Oversee budget and supply orders for all studio departments.
- Support AAC’s other programming, including exhibitions, fundraising, marketing, summer concert series, and in-house events.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.