Pt-time Social Media & Marketing Assistant, Greensgrow
Social Media & Marketing Assistant: Part Time
Posted March 29, 2017
Greensgrow, Philadelphia’s premier urban farm and garden center, seeks a marketing assistant with strong social media and writing background. The Marketing Assistant will have a hands-on opportunity to support the mission, and growth of a pioneer nonprofit in Philadelphia. The ideal candidate must be creative, self-motivated, organized, and have strong computer skills.
Position Title: Social Media & Marketing Assistant
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Days: 2 days a week, Friday & Saturday, special events
Location: Greensgrow, 2503 E. Firth Street St, Philadelphia PA 19125
- assist in writing social media posts and press releases
- assist in the implementation of promotional campaigns
- maintain media contacts lists
- maintain press archive; physical press clippings archive and converting press clips to digital format.
- assist in maintaining the website
- document workshops & events with photo and video
- assist with signage
- Journalism, Marketing, Communications Major
- Good writing skills, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Professional social media experience including; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube
- Experience with photography and videography skills a huge plus
- An interest in marketing, social entrepreneurship, urban food systems, gardening, sustainability issues
- Knowledge of WordPress, MS Office, Google Docs, MailChimp, html code
- Knowledge of local and national media outlets a plus
The ideal candidate will also have the following characteristics: a style that promotes collaboration and communication; able to work independently and with others; able to work under deadlines; willingness to learn; attention to detail; a sense of humor; an open mind; a commitment to Greensgrow’s mission and history.
Greensgrow is a non-profit social entrepreneurship project that has been creating innovative urban agriculture programs since 1997. Along with our urban crop production, Greensgrow is a trailblazer for urban sustainability, a champion of demonstrating how city dwellers can green their urban space, expanding access to fresh food, and innovating how to revitalize land once deemed useless. We operate two community-based garden centers, Summer and Winter CSA programs, and local farmstands, Mobile Markets, and affordable food share programs serving a diverse constituency. Greensgrow also manages a community kitchen that serves as an entrepreneurial incubator for local food producers, and consults internationally with civic and governmental entities. Greensgrow is a close-knit family and a highly regarded place of employment. Successful team members will bring a sense of humor, flexibility in their role, and a commitment to our core values of caring for people, planet, quality, and transparency. As a working farm, all employees are expected to help as needed with tasks outside their formal job description, including chasing chickens, shovelling snow, cleaning the kitchen, and giving tours.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.