Pt-time Social Media & Marketing Assistant, Greensgrow
Posted by Greensgrow Farms on April 17, 2017
Social Media & Marketing Assistant: Part Time
Posted March 29, 2017
Greensgrow, Philadelphia’s premier urban farm and garden center, seeks a marketing assistant with strong social media and writing background. The Marketing Assistant will have a hands-on opportunity to support the mission, and growth of a pioneer nonprofit in Philadelphia. The ideal candidate must be creative, self-motivated, organized, and have strong computer skills.
Position Title: Social Media & Marketing Assistant
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Days: 2 days a week, Friday & Saturday, special events
Location: Greensgrow, 2503 E. Firth Street St, Philadelphia PA 19125
- assist in writing social media posts and press releases
- assist in the implementation of promotional campaigns
- maintain media contacts lists
- maintain press archive; physical press clippings archive and converting press clips to digital format.
- assist in maintaining the website
- document workshops & events with photo and video
- assist with signage
- Journalism, Marketing, Communications Major
- Good writing skills, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Professional social media experience including; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube
- Experience with photography and videography skills a huge plus
- An interest in marketing, social entrepreneurship, urban food systems, gardening, sustainability issues
- Knowledge of WordPress, MS Office, Google Docs, MailChimp, html code
- Knowledge of local and national media outlets a plus
The ideal candidate will also have the following characteristics: a style that promotes collaboration and communication; able to work independently and with others; able to work under deadlines; willingness to learn; attention to detail; a sense of humor; an open mind; a commitment to Greensgrow’s mission and history.
Greensgrow is a non-profit social entrepreneurship project that has been creating innovative urban agriculture programs since 1997. Along with our urban crop production, Greensgrow is a trailblazer for urban sustainability, a champion of demonstrating how city dwellers can green their urban space, expanding access to fresh food, and innovating how to revitalize land once deemed useless. We operate two community-based garden centers, Summer and Winter CSA programs, and local farmstands, Mobile Markets, and affordable food share programs serving a diverse constituency. Greensgrow also manages a community kitchen that serves as an entrepreneurial incubator for local food producers, and consults internationally with civic and governmental entities. Greensgrow is a close-knit family and a highly regarded place of employment. Successful team members will bring a sense of humor, flexibility in their role, and a commitment to our core values of caring for people, planet, quality, and transparency. As a working farm, all employees are expected to help as needed with tasks outside their formal job description, including chasing chickens, shovelling snow, cleaning the kitchen, and giving tours.
- Stoneleigh Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunities
- Assistant Professor of Ethnic Studies and Director of Academic Innovation, Albion College, The Phila. Center
- Director of Training / Associate Director, Drexel University Counseling Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.