Pt-time Service Learning Prog. Coord,, Institute for Global Ed and S-L
Posted by on September 8, 2008
Part Time Service Learning Program Coordinator
Institute for Global Education and Service Learning
Approximately 20-25 hours per week (regular days and times are flexible but must fall within normal business hours, projects may require some late evenings)
The Program Coordinator will assist the Executive Director and Program Manager in a 12-month project (September 2008-September 2009) to promote the organization’s service learning initiatives.
Duties will include:
• Provide Youth Organized for Disaster Action (Y.O.D.A) grantee support – as requested by the Program Manager
• Provide support to Good Decisions grantees as requested by the Executive Director
• Assist in the logistical planning and implementation of training events, specifically:
o Good Decisions Grantee Meeting/Training in Philadelphia
o Y.O.D.A Grantee Meeting; November 11-12 in Philadelphia
o Fall Institute – Service Learning: A Strategy to Keep Youth in School; December 3-5 in Philadelphia
• Collect data from recipients of training grants, includes distributing materials, answering questions, and distributing documentation materials, making sure final reports are submitted; and
• Coordinate and organize publication creation – Professional Development Toolkit – includes organizing logistics for Development Team Meeting in May, working with the team to distribute materials among members, gather and share feedback, assist in securing graphic designer, oversee editing and working to get final materials created and disseminated by September 2009
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong organization/planning skills, with meticulous attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Self-starter who can work independently and complete duties as assigned
• Computer and Internet savvy
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Positive, energetic attitude
• Proficient in SPSS statistical analysis software
• BA a plus, experience working in a school setting or grants management preferred
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and application instructions.
- President, Campus Philly
- Associate Director, Program for Community-Engaged Scholarship, Princeton U.
- Clinical Research Coordinator
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.