Pt-time Recruitment Specialist, Philadelphia Futures
PHILADELPHIA FUTURES PRE-COLLEGE PROGRAM
Recruitment Specialist Position
Philadelphia Futures provides low-income, first-generation-to-college students with the tools, resources and opportunities necessary for admission to and success in college. We transform lives by breaking down barriers that have historically excluded our students from college success.
At the core of the organization are our Sponsor-A-Scholar (SAS) and College Connection Programs, which provide academic enrichment, including after-school and summer programming; SAT prep; career exploration activities; personalized college guidance; and comprehensive advising and support during college.
Recruitment Specialist Responsibilities
The Recruitment Specialist will be an integral member of the Pre-College recruitment team which is responsible for identifying, recruiting, on-boarding students to the Programs. He or she will work directly with the Recruitment Coordinator, who will train and support the Recruitment Specialist. Specific responsibilities include:
• Promoting the Pre-College Programs to prospective students – promotion includes providing overviews of the benefits of the Pre-College Programs, answering inquiries, and providing information to the public about the importance of attending and graduating from college.
• Prepare materials for and support staff-led recruitment sessions in elementary, middle, and high schools throughout the Philadelphia School District.
• Personally following up with prospective applicants and their parents/guardians in a timely manner. This follow up will include explanation of the benefits of our Pre-College Programs, clarification of admissions procedures, and collection of missing or incomplete application materials.
• Coordinating intake and maintaining records of new applicants to the program.
• Compiling and analyzing applicant data to optimize recruitment efforts.
• Assisting with scheduling of student interviews, standardized assessments, and orientations.
• Performing such additional activities that utilize the skills of the Program Specialist and meet the recruitment needs of the Programs.
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate for this placement will have:
• Experience in and a passion for working with underrepresented high school students
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Strong computer skills (proficiency with Microsoft Excel is a requirement for this position)
• Outstanding organizational abilities and excellent attention to detail
• Flexibility, a positive attitude, lots of enthusiasm
• Bilingual skills (Spanish/English) a plus
This is a part-time, non-exempt position Monday through Friday from 12:00pm until 6:00pm. The Recruitment Specialist’s rate of compensation will be $12.50 per hour.
Please email a cover letter and resumé with “Recruitment Specialist” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.