Pt-time Instructors, TeenSHARP
Posted by TeenSHARP on August 15, 2016
TeenSHARP is looking for instructors!
TeenSHARP was founded to eliminate barriers to access to highly selective colleges among the talented high school students of color. To achieve this goal TeenSHARP adopted a non-conventional, yet research-based approach of empowering youth to lead a college access movement at the peer level in their respective communities. In this way TeenSHARP utilizes the largely untapped and undervalued resource – students themselves – to achieve systemic change in our schools.
We are excited to invite high-achieving and ambitious individuals to join our team as we transform life’s outcomes for our students. In your capacity as an instructor you will work to help our scholars approach college readiness and grow in five important ways: as Appliers, Strivers, Starter, Connector, and Givers. Together we will continue helping our students beat the odds and gain admission into such institutions as University of Penn, Georgetown, Emory University, University of Virginia, Williams College, Swarthmore College, Smith College, Vassar College, Bowdoin College, to name a few.
Who: We are recruiting passionate young professionals to instruct the TeenSHARP leadership curriculum and/or implement TeenSHARP academic and college advising models. We are looking for interested individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or at least 2-3 years of undergraduate coursework completed)
- Strong academic track record
- Experience working with a college prep program, college admissions office or an academic advising program is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong active listening and relationship building skills
- Passionate about working with underrepresented students
- Commitment to social justice
- Saturday availability during the school year
Location: TeenSHARP sessions take place from 10am-2pm on Saturdays during the fall and spring semesters on the Rutgers-Camden campus (the program does not meet on Thanksgiving and Easter and has a winter holiday break).
Time commitment: Instructors will work between 9:00am and 4:30pm on Saturdays as well as about 5 hours during the week.
Those interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 609.227.3625. We encourage you to include a brief (one paragraph is sufficient) statement explaining why you are interested in the position.
- Center for Black Educator Development – Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunity – Dec 31
- Digital Technology Manager, OIC of America – Dec 18
- Director of Intensive Behavioral Health Services, Public Health Management Corporation
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.