Pt-time, Development/Special Assistant, WORC
Development/Special Assistant, WORC
Posted September 16, 2011
Women’s Opportunities Resource Center (WORC) is seeking a Part-Time Development/Executive Assistant to assist the President in editing reports, grant requests, news releases, policy and research, event planning, travel arrangements, preparation of all documents, memos and correspondence for Board members and meetings. Responsibilities also include scheduling appointments and managing and organizing President’s office.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Detail oriented
• Ability to work independently and carry through projects from beginning to end
• Ability to handle multiple assignments and work under pressure
• Excellent editing and writing skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Applications, particularly Excel, Access and Word.
• Interest in community development, economics, and/or microfinance
• Organized self-starter
• Minimum 2-5 years experience
• College degree or equivalent experience.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women’s Opportunities Resource Center (WORC) is a nationally recognized Philadelphia-based not-for-profit organization founded in 1993 to help low-income individuals—primarily women—and their families increase their social and economic self-sufficiency through entrepreneurial training, financial literacy, incentive savings programs, and small business loans. WORC received the 2001 Presidential Award for Excellence in Microenterprise Development for poverty alleviation.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.