Congreso de Latinos Unidos
PT Recruitment/Admissions Support Specialist, Congreso de Latinos Unidos
The Recruitment & Admissions Support Specialist is responsible for supporting Harcum College at Congreso with recruiting new students and assisting current applicants with completing the admissions process and applying for financial for successful enrollment at Harcum College.
The Recruitment & Admissions Support Specialist role will require some traveling visiting some of Harcum at Congreso’s external partners to recruit and engage potential students and assist them with submitting applications and filling out financial aid forms. This position will facilitate trainings related to post-secondary access and financial information and serve as a resource for prospective students and other programs as they have clients who need post-secondary support. Please note that this position will entail working evening hours during the academic year.
- Have regular contact with Harcum College, specifically staff that works with all off campus programs to monitor prospective student progress with admissions and financial aid.
- Perform outreach to Congreso staff, community members, and other interested parties who would benefit from our program through on- and off-site information sessions and one-on-one information sessions.
- Assist potential students with applying for financial aid.
- Assist with outreach to Harcum at Congreso partners regarding recruiting and assisting those perspective students with the enrollment/admission process.
- Contribute to creation of print material including marketing packets, flyers and brochures.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with community resources and other relevant stakeholders in the community.
- Organize and execute recruiting/orientation activities.
- In partnership with the Harcum @ Congreso Coordinator and the Program Support Specialist, develop and implement new marketing and recruitment ideas.
- The monitoring and up keeping of recruitment/admissions data via Congreso and external partners.
- Assist Program Support Specialist with contacting and communicating with prospective students via appointments, testing, and completion of the admissions process.
- Ability to effectively engage community members during public speaking engagements.
- Ability to quickly adapt to the program’s structure (mission, goals and objectives), policies and procedures.
- Sound knowledge and ability in business correspondence and an ability to proofread for grammar, spelling, and punctuation with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to handle multiple interruptions and adjustments to priorities throughout the day.
- Effective communication skills to handle calmly and efficiently situations ranging from routine to emergency.
- Excellent organizational ability to set priorities, organizes workload, handle multiple responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to write concisely and clearly.
- Ability to work within a team setting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Career Pathway: Direct Services)
All Staff Competencies
- Basic understanding of Congreso’s mission, vision, values, programs, services, and business plan.
- Knowledge and understanding of the targeted community needs and demographics.
- Understanding of legal criteria for issues such as confidentiality, domestic abuse, child abuse, and mandated reporter requirements.
- Ability to provide nonviolent intervention with a high level of ethical standards of conduct, cultural sensitivity and within appropriate boundaries and limits.
- Ability to effectively use standard office equipment.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by compassionate, courteous, cordial, cooperative, and professional interaction with diverse groups of co-workers, external business partners, and the community.
- Ability to operate a computer and use a variety of common software programs including Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, UNIDAD, and customized databases.
- Adheres to all Congreso and departmental policies and procedures.
- Attends all Congreso in-services as required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and effectively communicate with individuals and groups.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish/English).
Experience, Education, and Licensure
Minimum Experience: Knowledge of the Puerto Rican and Latino community of Eastern North Philadelphia. Excellent oral and written communications skills. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required (Word & Excel). Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Minimum Education: 24 or more college credits required.
Congreso is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Congreso is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. All employment decisions at Congreso are made without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability or military/veteran status, or any other protected class as set forth under applicable State, Local and Federal Civil Rights Laws.
Congreso is a multi-service nonprofit organization whose mission is to strengthen Latino communities through social, economic, education, and health services; leadership development and advocacy. Founded in Philadelphia in 1977, Congreso has grown into a national thought leader on nonprofit performance management with an expert focus on the Latino community. Congreso is anchored by its innovative Primary Client Model (PCM™), and provides direct services to residents of the Philadelphia region while providing consult to other nonprofits and government systems nationally.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.