PT Program Manager School Based Support, United Way of SE PA
UNITED WAY OF SOUTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA
Program Manager – School Based Support (Part-Time)
The United Way of Southeastern Pennsylvania’s mission is to improve people’s lives by mobilizing the caring power of donors, volunteers and communities. We have an excellent opportunity for a seasoned Program Manager – School Based Support to join our Center for Youth Development team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and managing the operations of a functional support clearinghouse for non-profit organizations providing school-based services to the School District of Philadelphia (SDP). The clearinghouse will provide literary research, best practice models, a database of school-based service providers indicating services provided and in what schools, and other resources. The Program Manager will also be responsible for resource development, for regularly convening providers, and for managing relationships with project partners and other community stakeholders.
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s Degree required; graduate degree in non-profit management, human services, social work, public administration or related field preferred. A minimum of five (5) years not-for-profit experience including two (2) to three (3) years in a project management capacity. Evidence of experience in grant-writing and relationship management. Knowledge of the Philadelphia community and experience in working with the School District of Philadelphia is considered an asset.
• Lead, organize and convene providers, work groups, roundtables, and other peer networking sessions for effective coalition building to facilitate school/community partnerships, including facilitation of meetings, preparing written materials i.e.: agendas, drafting of correspondence, minutes and other printed materials, and handling of logistics for meetings and other programs/events.
• Forge strong relationships and serve as a “connector” or “ombudsman” of sorts with existing stakeholders, such as the Out-of-School time Resource Center and other resource providers, SDP and other education, city and state governmental entities.
• Conduct site visits to individual schools and programs to gather programming information and to promote effective collaborative relationships.
• Collect field knowledge and exemplary models on issues related to the provision of school-based services. This may include review of literary research and program observation to identify and publish promising practices and emerging models.
• Coordinate the dissemination of information which may include newsletters, resource directories, website and helpline.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for Success in Position
• Excellent project management skills
• Strong strategic thinking and planning skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent presentation and group facilitation skills;
• Strong analytical and interpretive skills with internal and external data;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Applications
• Skilled in community outreach and collaboration
• Ability to function as a leader and expert in issues related to non-profits providing school-based services to older youth and specialized youth populations
• Position requires local travel to meetings and program sites; use of a vehicle recommended as needed.
For consideration, please respond with a cover letter and resume to: Crystal Garland, Associate Director, HR, United Way of Southeastern PA, 1709 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA 19103, or e-mail to: HRC@uwsepa.org. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls. EOE
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.