PT Managing Assistant, Media Tank
[emailed to CTCNet-Philadelphia list 12/20/2004]
Work for Media Tank and help support the movement for media justice and reform!
Media Tank seeks an experienced and reliable part-time managing assistant to help with its administrative/office systems, communications and program support. The ideal candidate will be professional, flexible, enthusiastic, and highly competent in multiple areas. Of particular interest are candidates with experience/interest in one or more of the following areas: working in a small non-profit setting, community empowerment, media democracy/free speech, public interest law/government, public/media policy, grassroots organizing/education.
Part-time (15-25 hrs. a week) with the possibility of growing into a full-time position. Responsibilities and compensation based upon applicant’s skills and experience.
* College education or equivalent life experience
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Professional demeanor and good work ethic
* Excellent writing ability
* Able to balance multiple tasks and meet deadlines
* Well organized with good attention to detail
* Self-motivated and able to work well independently and with others
* Computer/Internet proficiency (Macintosh, Microsoft Office, Filemaker Pro)
Areas of responbility may include:
* Financial management – audit preparation, taxes, etc.
* Office systems – IT, security, etc.
* Communication with vendors/service providers (i.e. insurance, payroll, phone, suppliers, etc.)
* Website/voicemail updating
* Database management
* Member mailings
* Fundraising/Resource development
* Volunteer/intern recruitment and supervision
* Drafting written communications (press releases, web content, and general correspondence)
Please send resume, coverletter detailing your interest in working for Media Tank, and 1-2 brief writing samples to:
Inja Coates, Executive Director
100 S. Broad Street, Suite 1318
Philadelphia, PA 19110
[or FAX: 215-563-4951]
Media Tank is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color and other minorities strongly encouraged to apply. More information about Media Tank online at: <a href="http://www.mediatank.org">http://www.mediatank.org</a>
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.