PT Hotline Advocate, Congreso
Posted by Congreso de Latinos Unidos on September 4, 2017
The Part Time Hotline Advocate is responsible for providing domestic violence counseling, crisis intervention, and advocacy via Philadelphia’s Domestic Violence 24-hotline and Congreso’s main office. The Hotline Advocate is also responsible for supporting in person crisis counseling and ongoing advocacy for survivors of domestic violence as needed by the program.
The Hotline Advocate will have internal contacts with the entire administrative staff and external contact with clients, community resources, and the community. This position has access to sensitive Congreso information and is expected to handle such information with integrity and professionalism. This position has regular contact with members of the community and is expected to represent Congreso in a professional manner.
The Hotline Advocate works under the direct supervision of the Senior Advocate. In the absence of the Senior Advocate, the position is supervised by the Program Manager.
- Provide 25 hours of telephone crisis intervention, counseling, and advocacy services through the Philadelphia Domestic Violence hotline.
- Participate in the Philadelphia Hotline Collaboration monthly meetings as a representative of the LDVP as assigned.
- Conduct assessments and crisis intervention to assist with walk-in clients as needed.
- Conduct an initial client intake.
- Maintain accurate and up to date client file and documentation.
- Work closely with the collaborative domestic violence agencies and other partners to coordinate services for domestic violence victims
- Comply with all client confidentiality regulation as specified by agency, funding source, local, state and federal regulations.
- Submit monthly and quarterly programmatic narrative and statistical reports to supervisor.
- Regularly attend and actively participate in staff meetings. Staff training sessions, case reviews, etc.
- Hotline Staff are to comply with essential staff policy during weather related closures. This may be completed at any of the organizations within the Philadelphia Domestic Violence Collaborative.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Research Project Coordinator
- Executive Director, Montgomery County Redevelopment Authority
- Director of Administration, City of Philadelphia Law Department
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.