City of Philadelphia
Promise Corps Site Supervisor, Office of Community Empowerment and Opportunity
The Office of Community Empowerment and Opportunity (CEO) is the Community Action Agency for the City of Philadelphia. CEO seeks to align the City’s efforts to increase opportunities for low-income individuals and families using a “collective impact” approach and a shared anti-poverty agenda known as Shared Prosperity Philadelphia. CEO falls under the auspices of the City’s Health and Human Services (HHS) Cabinet, which seeks opportunities to coordinate resources and services on behalf of vulnerable populations within the city. To learn more about CEO poverty goals please refer to the Shared Prosperity website http://sharedprosperityphila.org.
MCEO is seeking a Promise Corps College & Career Site Supervisor for program planning and implementation at two high schools in West Philadelphia. They provide day-to-day leadership of their schools’ AmeriCorps members (CCC’s), oversee program implementation and develop school relations. They provide information and recommendations to staff in regard to the supervision of corps members. They maintain strong working relationships with principals, counselors and other school staff. Duties include direct management of 10+ people, administrative support, program planning, program support, data management and maintaining evaluation records. This person would also be responsible for maintaining the platform/database used to track all Promise Corps data and regularly analyze and report data to national and local funders and partners. This position reports to the Promise Corps Program Director.
- Coordinate college readiness programs and activities in collaboration with other higher education and community initiatives
- Recruit local applicants for AmeriCorps member positions
- Provide supervision, leadership, motivation, team building, conflict resolution and support to AmeriCorps members
- Establish positive relationship and effective communication with school leadership team including principals, school counselor and teachers to ensure program goals are achieved and students are receiving all benefits of Promise Corps program
- Cultivate positive, focused learning environment for students and AmeriCorps staff
- Establish relationships with external partners as needed to resource schools, students and Promise Corps and to collaborate on large events
- Gather and maintain evaluation records pertaining to program performance, particularly in regard to impact on high school students
- Ensure the submission of all required information from the site to appropriate program staff as needed for member’s files
- Utilize online timesheet and data collection portal to collect all information needed to measure programs performance measures
- Comfort and skilled in multi-site quantitative data collection and analysis
- Familiar with and proven successful use of social media platforms
- Strong print and electronic communication skills
Qualifications (Education and Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in an education setting or experience working directly with youth in urban communities
- A valid PA Driver’s license required
- Must reside in Philadelphia within 6 months of hire date.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A successful candidate is a dynamic, committed individual with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and commitment to work beyond traditional working hours and schedule is required. Candidates must possess the following experience and skills:
- Managing a program and/or supervising people, preferably in a school setting
- Knowledge of college and career preparation objectives and standards
- Significant experience collecting and analyzing quantitative data
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel functions, including but not limited to, VLOOKUP, COUNTIF, Pivot Tables, INDEX + MATCHCurriculum development and implementation preferred
- Working with service-learning, AmeriCorps programming, and member management preferred
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Bethany.firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified applicants will be requested to interview the week of August 5th with a start date as early as August 12th.
Employment will begin with a 30 day probationary period during which vacation time will not be approved
What We Offer:
- We are a Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program qualified employer
- 25% tuition discount program for City employees (and sometimes spouses and dependents as well) in partnership with area colleges and universities
- Comprehensive health coverage for employees and their eligible dependents
- A wellness program that offers eligibility into the discounted medical plan
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Generous retirement savings options
- Successful candidate must be a city of Philadelphia resident within six months of hire
The City of Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not permit discrimination based on race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, source of income, familial status, genetic information or domestic or sexual violence victim status. If you believe you were discriminated against, call the Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations at 215-686-4670 or send an email to email@example.com. For more information, go to: Human Relations Website: http://www.phila.gov/humanrelations/Pages/default.aspx
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.