Promise Corps Career Pathways Manager, Office of Community Empowerment and Opportunity
Posted by City of Philadelphia on April 28, 2020
The Office of Community Empowerment and Opportunity (CEO) provides leadership on issues of economic justice by advancing racial equity and inclusive growth to ensure that all Philadelphians share in the city’s prosperous future and by alleviating the immediate impact of poverty on individuals, families and communities. CEO is Philadelphia’s Community Action Agency (CAA); CAAs are private or public agencies created by the 1964 Economic Opportunity Act and federally designated to receive Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) funding.
The Promise Corps Career Pathways Manager will lead the implementation of a job readiness and career exploration program for students. The Manager will provide day-to-day leadership of the program implementation at work sites and the overall placement of students at internship/employment sites first during the summer of 2019 and then lead the planning and implementation of continued programming. Duties include direct management of 1-2 people, lead recruitment and point of contact for employer partners, administrative support, program planning and support, data management and maintaining evaluation records. This person would also be responsible for the external engagement of employers and work sites within Philadelphia to host students annually. The Career Pathways Manager will also support annual events and programming that take place with Promise Corps College and Career Readiness programming. This position reports to the Director of Youth Strategies.
- Coordinate job readiness and career exploration program and activities in collaboration with other local businesses, higher education and community initiatives
- Recruit students to apply and enroll in both the College incentive and Career incentive program
- Provide supervision, leadership, motivation, team building, conflict resolution and support to student participants
- Establish positive relationships and effective communication with job employer host sites and ensure both employers and students have high rates of satisfaction with their placement
- Establish positive relationships and effective communication with college pathways partners at host sites and ensure both partners and students have high rates of satisfaction with their placement
- Establish relationships with external partners as needed to resource students and employers during and before/after program implementation schools
- Gather and maintain evaluation records pertaining to program performance, particularly in regard to impact on high school students
- Ensure the submission of all required information from the site to appropriate program staff
- Support recruitment efforts, annual events, professional development and program implementation of annual Promise Corps programming
- Research Project Coordinator
- Executive Director, Montgomery County Redevelopment Authority
- Director of Administration, City of Philadelphia Law Department
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.