National Philanthropic Trust
Project Manager, National Philanthropic Trust
The Project Manager is a shared service resource who will work in conjunction with management and inter-disciplinary project teams to complete strategic projects to enable optimal services to be delivered to NPT’s donors and financial advisors for the organization. Employ various project management methodologies to facilitate the timely completion of projects. Manage multiple concurrent projects of varying complexity while balancing the competing requirements of scope, time, and budget as they apply to quality with limited supervisory assistance.
The Project Manager develops the Project Schedule for organizational initiatives and is responsible for communications including status reporting, risk management, and escalation of issues that cannot be resolved with current resources. Will demonstrate competence in the application and use of project management processes, tools, and techniques. This role will manage the business process improvement function within the organization, overseeing improvement initiatives within and across teams.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Responsible for managing targeted projects within the context of scope, time, quality, cost, and external constraints. Including the development of project management plans which details project scope and project success criteria.
- Directs project planning and develops, monitors, and maintains the project schedule.
- Facilitates regular reporting. This reporting should specifically identify potential points of failure and project risks.
- Coordinates the management of the project issue/action items lists, planning and conducting internal project kick-off sessions.
- Manages project risks, including the development of contingency plans, and escalates potential points of failure for direction/resolution.
- Ensure effective operational hand-over of the project to the organization’s operational teams.
- Communicate effectively with impacted staff and stakeholders.
- Manage change in coordination with team managers.
Business Process Improvement & System Optimization Management
- Evaluate existing business and operational flows, understand as-is processes and develop/prepare recommendations for process improvements and system enhancements/optimizations, prepare to-be process flows.
- Ensure documentation of standard operating procedures and service level agreements are current and accurate.
- Conduct interviews and/or facilitated workshops with users to analyze processes and identify system optimizations.
- Recommend best practices for operational controls, procedures and risk management.
- Lead project team in preparing functional requirements documentation for system optimizations / enhancements in support of process improvements.
- Oversee and perform user testing and quality assurance checks of systems processes and solutions.
- Provide leadership within Project team, fostering a partnership approach to working with the other teams across the organization and the key business stakeholders.
- Assist with the facilitation of inter-disciplinary team sessions to encourage collaboration and understanding across the organization of all aspects of project initiatives.
- Provide professional project management expertise and support to teams by being the subject matter expert about project management.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.