Mathematica Policy Research
Project Manager, Mathematica Policy Research
Mathematica is a nationally recognized research organization that conducts social policy studies on health care, disability, education, welfare, nutrition, and related topics. Our mission is to improve public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on the work we do for our clients, which include federal, state, and local government agencies, as well as private foundations.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Project Manager to work within our Enterprise Project Management Office. As a Project Manager you will be part of our Business Operations group within the Administration division. In this role you will manage a portfolio of projects, both client-facing and internal, and proposals. You will be responsible for all aspects of project management, including day-to-day project activities, resource and schedule management, risk management (assessment, mitigation, and monitoring), and task prioritization. You also will work closely with the Enterprise Project Management Office to develop and implement best practices and standards.
We offer our employees a stimulating team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership.
Duties of the position:
- Identifies relevant internal and external stakeholders and communicates effectively with them
- Ensures that projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget
- Plans and executes projects based on client priorities and project scope
- Manages resource availability and allocation
- Develops detailed project plans to track progress
- Measures project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques
- Reports and escalates risks and issues to management as needed
- Manages relationships with the project team and stakeholders
- Performs risk management to minimize project risks
- Establishes and maintains relationships with third parties
- Creates and maintains comprehensive project documentation
- 3-5 years of experience in a project management environment, preferably related to business analysis, government program operations, management consulting, or research
- Experience managing projects for federal, state, or local government contractors preferred
- Strong academic background with a minimum of a BA or BS degree in a relevant field (Business, Economics, Management, Operations, or Public Policy)
- Solid knowledge of the project management lifecycle/PMBOK with PMP certification preferred
- Interest in government contracting and/or management of government contracts for quality, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and technological innovation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and writing abilities
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project Online or Microsoft Project Server, and Microsoft SharePoint
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Accuracy with work, strong organizations skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with others
- Flexibility to handle multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadline pressure
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and work in a multi-disciplinary team setting and ability to work independently for long periods of time
Please attach your cover letter, resume, transcripts (unofficial are acceptable), and contact information for three references.
- Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on certain projects. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
Available locations: Washington, DC; Princeton, NJ
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.