Project Manager, Fairmount Ventures
Posted by Fairmount Ventures on March 2, 2015
Fairmount Ventures (http://fairmountinc.com) is a social impact business launched to help create the world we all want to live in. Core services include: strategic and business planning, resource and board development, program design and assessment, and mergers and affiliations. Clients benefit from our expertise in: early childhood, K-12 and higher education; community healthcare; youth development; human services; housing and community development; arts and culture; historic preservation and interpretation; food access and sustainable communities; and workforce development. Fairmount has been a thought partner to over 325 organizations and is sought for our deep understanding of the Philadelphia region and rich set of connections that we bring to benefit every client.
This mid-level position plays a key role in helping meet the planning and resource development needs of Fairmount’s nonprofit clients, including ongoing fundraising and campaign support. Project Managers are responsible for a range of writing-intensive project management activities focused on both planning and execution, spanning Fairmount’s full range of services (fundraising and capital campaigns, strategic and business planning, board development, mergers and affiliations, & program design and assessment). The position is an ideal opportunity for an experienced and intellectually curious individual committed to lifelong learning. S/he is energized by complex questions and being part of a multi-disciplinary, diverse team, excellent at 360 communication, and capable of maintaining a high volume of tactical data. Core responsibilities include:
- WRITE – Develop concept papers, case statements, and individual donor letters; draft original proposals and collateral materials for foundations, corporations, and government funding sources; oversee proposal submission packages; draft findings, plan documents and other client deliverables.
- RESEARCH & ANALYZE – Perform key informant interviews; identify best practices & trends; analyze client program, budget & resource development data; conduct funder, market, and competitor analysis; research and evaluate funding, donor and board prospects.
- COMMUNICATE – Represent Fairmount to clients and serve as day-to-day contact; manage clients’ funder and donor outreach; engage in and help facilitate client meetings; work independently and collaborate on teams with Fairmount senior and junior staff.
- DESIGN & STRATEGIZE – Support program and strategy design to develop strong plans and grant proposals; develop funding strategies; create/manage client work plans against key deliverables and deadlines.
- MANAGE – Balance a diverse portfolio of work with an average of 6-8 clients; oversee junior supporting staff on client teams; manage research and plan/proposal drafting processes; develop work plans, track work activities and proactively report to senior client leads.
Process: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, 2-3 original and relevant professional writing samples, and three professional references to email@example.com. Please write “Project Manager” in the subject line.
• 3-5 years’ direct experience in writing, research, design and strategy
• At least 2 years’ experience with fundraising, ideally with a direct role in individual giving and grants
• Deep understanding of the nonprofit and/or public and philanthropic sectors
• Superior writing skills; excellent research, analytical and organizational skills
• Facility and comfort with quantitative data and information a plus
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
• Experience managing broad-scale projects & processes and overseeing and mentoring junior staff
• Ability to translate abstract concepts into cogent written products
• Portfolio of relevant, original written materials (grant proposals, plans, other documents)
Compensation: Starting salary range $40,000-$42,000, commensurate with experience. Health benefits. 401(k) plan.
Start Date: May 2015
- Project Manager – Direct Care Worker Training Initiative
- Young Quakers Community Athletics Boys Lacrosse Coach
- Language Access Program Manager, Office of Immigrant Affairs
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.