Project Director, Next Step Program, Community College of Phila
Posted by on May 6, 2005
[posted to College Prep Round Table list 4/18/2005]
Community College of Philadelphia
Project Director, Next Step Program
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Next Step Program Project Director provides leadership, coordination, and direction for grant-funded program that provides educational options, job training, and support services for TANF (Temporary Aid for Needy Families) clients, with an end goal of finding gainful employment. The Project Director will work closely with college staff and the grant funder, to achieve the program?s performance-based goals. This position?s activities have a direct impact on every facet of Next Step student and program success, including daily operations, grant management, and relationships with funder and other agencies including Philadelphia Workforce Development Corporation, Philadelphia County Assistance Offices and the Bureau of Employment and Training (Department of Public Welfare).
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS):
The responsibilities of the position include:
– Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates program in compliance with project contract.
– Supervises program staff.
– Serves as liaison to grant funder and other agencies to coordinate program services and ensure program success.
– Prepares and manages program budget to include monitoring performance measures related to budget allocation.
– Compiles and submits statistical reports on student accomplishments and activities.
– Develops, implements, and evaluates tracking and reporting systems leading to program compliance.
– Ensures effective communication with students, faculty, staff, and external agencies in order to promote the program, address problems with student performance, and to achieve desired student outcomes.
– Maintains program statistics relating to enrollments, attendance, success rates, and other identified data.
– Perform other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS: A master?s degree and experience in teaching, counseling, or administration in higher education is preferred; bachelor?s degree required. Two years program management experience which includes grant and contract administration required. Demonstrated knowledge of meeting the complex needs of disadvantaged clients, and ability to meet performance-based goals for contract compliance required. Demonstrated experience/proficiency in effective program planning for TANF clients including meeting welfare-to-work program guidelines strongly preferred. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with individuals from diverse backgrounds, exceptional organizational and planning skills, ability to collaborate with others, and demonstrated computer skills. Community college experience is preferred.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in U.S. Send letter of application addressing the required and preferred qualifications (including salary history), resume, and names of three references to: Human Resources (GE-PD-CW), Community College of Philadelphia, 1700 Spring Garden Street, Philadelphia, PA 19130 or fax 215-972-6307 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of resumes will commence on May 11, 2005 and will continue until the position is filled. Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE
- PowerCorpsPHL recruiting AmeriCorps members
- Unit Director, Developmental Disabilities, Resources for Human Development
- Center for Black Educator Development – Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunity – Dec 31
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.