Project Coordinator, Philadelphia Dept of Planning and Development
The Philadelphia Department of Planning and Development acts to coordinate the City’s planning, zoning, housing, and development functions to promote the economic health of all of Philadelphia’s neighborhoods and the city as a whole.
The Division of Development Services, located within the Department of Planning and Development, works to educate the public and private development community on the approval process for City Departments, Boards and Commissions. Development Services also works to resolve novel development issues or conflicts between different codes, regulations or processes. Development Services staff also work with other City departments and quasi-governmental entities to develop publicly owned, or public spaces throughout the City.
The Project Coordinator is a management support role applying project management skills, including customer service, policy research, data analysis, strategic planning, and public outreach to various assignments for the Department of Planning and Development with oversight from the Manager of Development Services and the Deputy Director of Development Services. This position functions to provide support to both the Division of Development Services as well as the entire Department of Planning and Development.
- General Professional Skills
- Interface with developers and city agencies on zoning, planning, and permitting concerns;
- Exhibit attention to detail and tenacity to complete projects in challenging circumstances such as time constraints and incomplete information;
- Collaborate with the Department of Planning and Development staff and other city agencies to ensure consistency of development projects with the comprehensive plan, zoning, and community needs;
- Project Management Related Skills and Activities
- Help maintain an internal database of projects the Division works with or has an interest in tracking;
- Monitor potential legislative, permitting, and planning issues that could impact development project and policy priorities;
- Draft legislation, talking points, and policy statements related to real estate development;
- Provide geospatial, quantitative, and qualitative data analysis on development issues;
- Create documents and graphics concerning real estate development initiatives, city code issues, and permitting requirements;
- Monitor and update documentation and websites as City Departments update their processes;
- On occasion, work with City Departments on improvements to their approval processes;
- Customer Service-Related Skills and Activities
- Interact diplomatically and communicate effectively with the public about the development and approvals process.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff members of numerous city departments and agencies.
- Public Outreach Related Skills and Activities
- Organize and lead outreach efforts to educate the development community and members of the public about the development process;
- Prepare or update development summary documents for specific projects and communities to support economic development issues, tours, and website highlights;
- Other duties as assigned.
Learn more and apply: https://www.smartrecruiters.com/CityofPhiladelphia/743999702663128-project-coordinator
- AMERICORPS VISTA REQUEST FOR CONCEPT PAPERS AND TIMELINES
- FY 2021 AmeriCorps VISTA Annual Program Guidance
- Executive Director, Starfinder Foundation
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.