Project Coordinator, Community-Based Learning Initiative
[posted to Higher Ed Service-Learning listserv 8/10/06]
Position Title: Project Coordinator, Community-Based Learning Initiative
Princeton University is seeking a Project Coordinator for the National Community-Based Research (CBR) Networking Initiative. This new three-year, Learn & Serve America-funded initiative will support the development of high-quality community-based research at colleges and universities nationwide and create national networking structures that assist and connect CBR practitioners.
Working with the staff of Princeton?s Community-Based Learning Initiative (CBLI) and reporting to the Assistant Director of CBLI, the Project Coordinator will:
– Track grant funds, including budget reports and subgrantee awards to 25 campuses;
– Maintain regular communication with 25 subgrantee campuses each semester, including collecting information and progress reports;
– Support activities of national evaluation and communication working groups;
– Assist in organizing national and local conferences and meetings;
– Maintain up-to-date content for websites and listserv for CBLI program and National CBR Networking Initiative.
– Travel to project-related meetings.
– Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and a high degree of professionalism and initiative.
– Ability to work independently and function effectively as part of a team.
– Strong computer skills, including proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and using web browsers and e-mail; ability to learn other University systems.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills.
– Strong attention to detail; accuracy, flexibility and demonstrated ability to be pro-active and to prioritize tasks.
– Ability to handle varied multiple and competing priorities.
– A Bachelor?s degree and at least three years of relevant practical experience.
Experience with community-based research, nonprofit work or service-learning is a plus. This is a three-year term position.
Interested candidates should apply online at <a href="http://jobs.princeton.edu/">http://jobs.princeton.edu/</a>. The Requisition Number for this position is 0601167.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.