Project Associate, Children’s Literacy Initiative
Posted by Children's Literacy Initiative on April 16, 2018
Children’s Literacy Initiative (CLI) is seeking a Project Associate to be based out of our Center City Philadelphia headquarters. This position will support services and events and requires the willingness to travel, if needed. It is a great opportunity to develop communication, organization, data and project delivery skillsets, while enjoying the benefits and culture of an established and mission-driven nonprofit.
What are the main responsibilities of this role?
- Provide administrative support to Operations Team, including: filing, making copies, answering main phone line, replying to project group email inquiries and related questions, calendar management, rectifying expense reports, and special projects as requested.
- Maintain accurate project data, including: timely, accurate database updates, document management, entering contact and project details into Salesforce and checking for timesheet and invoice accuracy.
- Support for on & off-site events, including: creating surveys prior to events, arriving early/staying late to ensure successful start/completion, monitoring in-progress events and responding to presenter and participant needs, confirming participants, ordering/setting-up refreshments, distributing event materials and logistical information to attendees, accurately collecting and inputting event details into Salesforce, adding events to company calendar, managing event registration/participant check-in, booking event space and required technology, collecting and summarizing survey data and physical event set-up (arranging chairs, buffet tables, food orders, materials, etc.).
- Representing CLI externally & internally, including: coordinating regional office needs and activity, serving as first point of contact, corresponding and welcoming event participant and presenters, participating in CLI’s internal improvement (Fundamentals) committee and liaising between regional/field employees and Philadelphia HQ.
- Staff Attorney Position, Public Interest Law Center
- Operations Coordinator, Green Woods Charter School
- Customer Success Manager – PA (Remote), Aunt Bertha
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.