Project Administrative Assistant, Montgomery Early Learning Centers
Posted by on May 28, 2004
Job Description: Project Administrative Assistant
Montgomery Early Learning Centers (MELC), a multi-site nonprofit child care organization, has a position available to support two initiatives. This position is responsible to the Director of Quality Assurance and Planning at MELC and the Planning Coordinator of the Montgomery County Child Care Consortium at MELC (half time to each). The position provides support in the coordination, implementation, and completion of activities related to the two projects:
Quality Assurance and Planning
Montgomery Early Learning Centers has an ongoing commitment to achieve the highest levels of quality for the children in its facilities. The Quality Assurance Team provides support that includes direct assistance to center directors and staff in order to identify program-specific, quality-related strengths and challenges, as well as implementation of strategies to bring about improvements leading to accreditation of early education and school age child care programs. See MELC?s website, <a href="http://www.melc.org">http://www.melc.org</a>, for more information about the programs.
Montgomery County Child Care Consortium
The Montgomery County Child Care Consortium is a state-funded planning initiative to evaluate and improve the quality, availability and accessibility of child care services in Montgomery County. Upcoming activities include planning and implementing information sessions for child care providers, systems building within the county, and continual monitoring of the county?s progress in meeting identified goals. Additional activities include updating the Consortium?s web site and maintaining communication with stakeholders. See the Consortium?s web site, <a href=’http://www.mc4.org">http://www.mc4.org</a>, for more information.
* Assists supervisors in problem solving, project planning, and execution of project goals and objectives
* Assists in the coordination and implementation of meetings/events; including contacting participants, arranging meeting/event space and materials, recording and distributing meeting minutes
* Assists in preparation of reports and bulletins (e.g., composing, editing, formatting, proofreading)
* Provides general administrative support, including word processing, copying, faxing, mailing, maintaining spreadsheets and databases
* Posts updates to Consortium web site
* Performs other related duties as necessary
* Creative thinker and self-starter, with ability to be flexible and proactive
* Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks successfully
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office, database experience, web research, and HTML preferred)
* Ability to gather data, synthesize information, and prepare reports
* Ability to work with and interact effectively with diverse groups of people
* Ability to work well within a team, as well as independently
* Knowledge of the early childhood and/or school age child care field
* Familiarity with the Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale (ECERS) a plus
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with an interest in children, early childhood education, school age care, or grant implementation. Experience in an office environment & familiarity with non-profits preferred, but not required.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Kathleen R. Babcock, Planning Coordinator
Montgomery Early Learning Centers
201 Sabine Avenue
Narberth, PA 19072
No phone calls, please.
Application Deadline: June 23, 2004
- AMERICORPS VISTA REQUEST FOR CONCEPT PAPERS AND TIMELINES
- FY 2021 AmeriCorps VISTA Annual Program Guidance
- Executive Director, Starfinder Foundation
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.