Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia
Programs and Events Coordinator
Job Title: Programs and Events Coordinator
Reports to: Membership Manager Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job Status: Full Time, Permanent
Application Deadline: Monday January 15, 2018
Start Date: Monday March 12, 2018
About the Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia
The Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia (SBN) is a community of local independent businesses that demonstrates the degree to which businesses can build profitable enterprises while serving community needs and protecting the environment. SBN’s mission is to build a just, green, and thriving economy in the Greater Philadelphia region. Since 2001, SBN has been the region’s leading
advocacy and membership organization for businesses committed to improving their environmental and social impact as well as their profitability.
SBN offers a variety of programming to our members and the broader local business community throughout the year:
• We connect members with each other, as well as decision makers, to exchange learnings and best practices, bond over commonalities, and share ideas for how policies and processes could better support local businesses to grow and thrive.
• We promote our members within and outside of our network, as well as the strengths of a local economy and triple bottom line practices.
• SBN advocates on members’ behalf throughout the year to ensure that small, locally-owned, and sustainably-minded businesses are fully supported to start, grow, and thrive.
Position Description and Qualifications:
The Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia (SBN) is seeking a Programs and Events Coordinator to manage and grow SBN’s robust calendar of activities, including but not limited to our Best for PHL workshops, Best Practice Forums, Entrepreneurs’ Roundtables, Member Orientations, Annual Members Meeting, and our annual fundraiser and gala, SustainaBall.
Our ideal candidate is a positive and creative self-starter with experience in planning and implementing a variety of events, programs, and activities; is an effective communicator with a keen attention to detail and strong proactive organizational skills; has an eye for professional sophistication and elegance in program and event design and implementation with an orientation towards creating value through experience; and thrives when balancing multiple tasks simultaneously.
Under the direction of the Membership Manager, and in close collaboration and cooperation with other staff, the Programs and Events Coordinator will be responsible for the following, and other related duties as needed:
• Manage and grow SBN’s robust calendar of activities, including but not limited to our Best for PHL workshops, Best Practice Forums, Entrepreneurs’ Roundtables, Member Orientations, Annual Members Meeting, and our annual fundraiser and gala, SustainaBall.
• Ensure all SBN’s programs and events are providing valuable content and fostering meaningful connections for members and other stakeholders.
• Manage and implement all facets of our programs and events, including but not limited to identification and selection of venues, speakers, topics, and caterers, as well as coordinating registrations, agendas, and set up and break down as needed.
• Collaborate with Membership Manager, including regarding identifying possible speakers, moderators, and other special guests
• Collaborate with Communications Department, including regarding promotions of programs and events
• Coordinate with Operations Associate regarding vendor payments and other transactions
• Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
• Evaluate success of programs and events and report on outcomes
Additional qualifications for this position to what is noted above include:
• Demonstrated commitment to SBN’s values and mission
• Ability to be flexible with morning and evening hours as needed
• Ability to work off-site functions
• Experience working with the business community
• Familiarity with SalesForce or similar CRM a strong plus
• Basic graphic design skills are a plus
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
To apply: Submit a cover letter and resume Brandon Woods, Operations Associate, at Brandon@sbnphiladelphia.org. Calls about this job posting are discouraged.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.