Programming Coordinator, Greensgrow West
Posted by Greensgrow Farms on July 25, 2016
Posted July 6, 2016
About Greensgrow West
In 2012 Greensgrow embarked on an ambitious plan to build a new satellite location in Southwest Philadelphia at the invitation of local partners. After a two-year transition period at a temporary location, and with support from Councilwoman Jannie Blackwell, Greensgrow West will be moving this summer into its permanent home at 5123 Baltimore Avenue. The goal of the site is not to replicate the activities of the original Greensgrow in Kensington, but rather to imagine and create a community-based site that helps our West and Southwest Philadelphia neighbors fulfill their own distinct visions for a healthy, vibrant, green, and cooperative community.
To grow this vision, Greensgrow is seeking to hire a part-time Programming Coordinator to serve as the organizational liaison with individual and organizational partners in our access-related programming. He/She will serve as an integral part of the team creating materials, curriculum, programming, and strategies for managing and growing utilization of Greensgrow West. Successful candidates will have experience in non-profit, social work or outreach communication with diverse groups, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, including use of Microsoft Office.
Compensation: Start at $12.50/hr for up to 20 hours/week.
Hiring will happen on a rolling basis and position will start immediately.
• Meet with local community and civic organizations to introduce them to Greensgrow and our programs and services.
• Design and implement a series of workshops and engagement activities at Greensgrow West around environmental education, food literacy, and urban agriculture.
-Identify and recruit workshop facilitators
-Prepare materials and curricula
-Advertise and promote the programs
• Coordinate communication with program participants including initial outreach, follow-up communication, and post-program evaluation and tracking. Keep very specific records and data and prepare reports for grant reporting and management regarding status of project.
• Work in partnership with Greensgrow staff and external partners to develop supplementary program activities to engage member families throughout the year, and encourage LIFE program participants to share and develop additional culinary literacy, environmental sustainability, and/or health promotion skills.
• Assist Greensgrow West nursery staff as needed with retail sales and site management activities.
• Be available for evening and weekend hours are required, and maintain some schedule flexibility as position warrants.
• Demonstrate ability to self-direct with a variety of responsibilities and demonstrate exemplary time management skills and flexibility with changing working conditions.
We strongly encourage all candidates to read about the depth and breadth of our programs online before applying.
Email letters of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Greensgrow West Programming Coordinator” or mail letters of interest and resumes to 2503 E. Firth Street, Philadelphia, PA 19125. Attn: Greensgrow West Programming Coordinator position.
- Stoneleigh Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunities
- Assistant Professor of Ethnic Studies and Director of Academic Innovation, Albion College, The Phila. Center
- Director of Training / Associate Director, Drexel University Counseling Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.