Program Specialist, Big Brothers Big Sisters Southeastern PA
Program Specialist, Community Based Match Support, Big Brothers Big Sisters Southeastern PA
Posted on: November 21, 2012
COME JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING AGENCY THAT IS HELPING MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN CHILDREN’S LIVES. Big Brothers Big Sisters SEPA seeks a full-time Match Support Specialist to support our Big Advocates mentoring program. Assigned to our Philadelphia Office, this position requires some evening/weekend work which will be described in the interview process. The position supports “Big” and “Little” matches through the interview, assessment and matching process; and throughout the life of the match, primarily via phone contact and occasionally through attendance at agency events.
1. Oversee volunteer/child mentoring match enrollments by conducting individual volunteer and parent/child interviews in conjunction with Big Advocates program criteria; conduct child safety education and complete all enrollment processes.
2. Review enrollment information and assessments; make recommendations for participation in program based on all data; and effectively align volunteer interests and qualifications with service options of Agency.
3. Determine matches and facilitate match meetings, noting recommendations for subsequent training and support needs in accordance with Big Advocates program guidelines, and collaborate with other service delivery staff as needed.
4. Through recurring telephone and electronic contact, determine that elements of child safety, positive relationship and youth development indicators, and signs of a sense of affiliation with the Agency are present within the child/mentor match.
5. Ensure that potential problems and barriers to success are identified and addressed. Promptly inform supervisor regarding concerns about any factors that may negatively impact the match.
6 Effectively utilize on-line database system for recording and reviewing all match details.
7. Provide friendly, approachable customer service and represent the Agency and our mission in a professional and positive manner.
Academic/Equivalent Requirements: Minimum – College degree, with 2+ year’s prior experience preferred.
Professional: Knowledge of and/or experience in human services field a plus. Preferred skills: Spanish-Speaking, previous experience with youth service organizations and with socio-economically diverse populations.
Personal Attributes: Must be a self-starter with strong organizational, communication and customer service skills; have the ability to interact with and relate well to others, and possess the ability to work independently. Must be flexible; have a positive, can-do attitude; and have a strong desire to work in an industry that focuses on helping others.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.