Rebuilding Together Philadelphia

Program Manager, Vo-Tech in the House!

Posted on November 20, 2017

Our Vo-Tech in the House! program matches high school construction students who are looking to apply the skills they are learning in the classroom with senior citizens in need of repairs to help them age in place and stay safe at home. The Program Manager for Vo-Tech in the House! will report to the Operations Manager and be responsible for the program, providing field opportunities for the students once or twice per month and supervising a summer intern as well as an AmeriCorps member (starting August 2018).

An ideal Program Manager will have a mix of construction experience, project management experience, and experience working directly with youth. We estimate that the Program Manager will spend 67% of their time in the office preparing materials for build days, coordinating with our vocational school partner(s), and managing our grant reporting requirements. The remaining 33% of their time will be spent in the field, conducting home evaluations, delivering construction materials, working with the students during their field days, and completing any necessary punch work.

PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES

  • Conduct home evaluations at each property to identify needed repairs, needed materials, and assess suitability for the program.
  • Purchase and transport all necessary materials to each job site prior to work days.
  • Work with the vocational school instructor(s) to oversee the students and job site on work days
  • Organize and track all necessary paperwork (work scopes, invoices, receipts, homeowner agreements and surveys, etc.) for the Vo-Tech in the House! program.
  • Manage all reporting requirements for the Vo-Tech in the House! program.
  • Assist the Operations Team with Block Build days three times per year. Block builds typically consist of repairing 15-30 houses in one weekend with the help of 100-250 volunteers.

SKILLS

Required

  • High school diploma or GED required.
  • Construction or renovation experience sufficient to conduct home evaluations, identify and purchase needed materials, and lead students through basic construction projects.
  • Able to work in an office environment that requires regular use of e-mail, shared calendars, shared network drives.
  • Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
  • Able to work occasional evenings or weekends.
  • Able to work long hours on rebuilding days (several throughout the year).
  • Experienced driver with current license.

Preferred

  • College degree preferred.
  • Spanish language ability.
  • Experience working directly with youth, preferably high school age.
  • Experience with project management and grant reporting.
  • Advanced construction experience, including basic plumbing, electric, and/or HVAC.

SALARY/BENEFITS
Salary based on experience. Employees receive retirement and other benefits, flexible hours, and travel reimbursement for certain work-related travel and professional development opportunities outside of Philadelphia.

APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 15, 2017
To apply, please email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Brandon Alcorn, balcorn@rebuildingphilly.org. Include “Program Manager” in your subject line. No phone calls please.

http://www.rebuildingphilly.org/single-post/2017/11/15/RTP-is-Hiring-a-Program-Manager


More Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities


Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector

We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.

Get the Update Delivered
Subscribe