Pennsylvania Campus Compact
Program Manager, Pennsylvania Campus Compact
PACC Program Manager
PACC is searching for a full‐time Program Manager to lead, guide and support the AmeriCorps-funded PACC*VISTA program which is aligned with PACC’s strategic initiatives.
The best candidate for this position will be someone who has a passion for public service and a keen commitment to reciprocal partnerships with all constituents. The candidate values collegiality, humor, and reflection, clear and consistent communication and works well independently as well as a member of a team. Ideally, the candidate will be an independent worker, capable of taking initiative and seeing projects through to their completion.
A. Job Description
The Program Manager will provide leadership to the PACC*VISTA program through the following tasks:
I. Administer and develop PACC*VISTA projects through the following actions:
• Prepare, review, and assess PACC*VISTA host site application materials
• Guide, coach and support PACC*VISTA members, supervisors, and host sites
• Promote retention of PACC*VISTA members
• Design and facilitate PACC*VISTA trainings and meetings for supervisors and members
• Assist host site institutions in developing proposed VISTA projects to create sustainable campus-community partnerships
• Prepare and submit reports on PACC*VISTA project activity
• Maintain document compliance for PACC*VISTA projects
• Conduct PACC*VISTA program and site visits and evaluation
• Collaborate with PACC staff to manage grant budget
II. Supervise VISTA Leader
• Support VISTA Leader in developing initiatives that enhance the PACC*VISTA program
• Meet weekly to review status of PACC*VISTA projects
• Prepare monthly action plans in conjunction with VISTA Leader
III. Serve as a liaison between PACC and its national service partners through the following actions:
• Develop collaborative partnerships among federal and state agencies and nonprofits
• Promote and educate communities on the value of AmeriCorps
IV. Enhance PACC’s capacity to serve its members through the following:
• Assist in assessing PACC member needs
• Assist in cultivating relationships with organizations that add value to PACC and its members
• Develop appropriate resources such as preparing grants for strategic programming/services growth
• Assist with organizational and programmatic sustainability
V. Other duties/projects as assigned by the Executive Director
B. Organizational Relationships
The program manager: (a) reports to the Executive Director of PACC; (b) works closely with the Office Manager who oversees grant budgets; (c) is responsible for sustaining partnership relationships with host sites, PA Campus Compact staff, state Campus Compacts, National Campus Compact, state and national Corporation of National and Community Service, the PA Department of Education, PennSERVE, and other AmeriCorps VISTA projects in PA.
Education requirements: BA/BS degree, Master’s degree preferred
• Grant and/or program management within higher education civic engagement programs (service-learning or co‐curricular), 3‐5 years experience. Experience with National Service programs such as AmeriCorps, VISTA, NCCC is preferred.
• Knowledge of civic and community engagement, community service, and service-learning best practices
• Grant writing and grant management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks effectively, and take initiative
• Able to work in both an autonomous environment and with teams
• Ability to interact with students, administrators, faculty, and college presidents with professionalism
• Ease of use in standard computer software, email, and internet
• Some overnight travel required and a few weekends per year
D. Salary/Benefits: Competitive salary within nonprofit sector; benefits include health, vision, dental coverage and contribution to TIAA‐CREF retirement. Filling this position is based on grant funding from CNCS.
E. Application Procedure, deadline July 28: Submit a cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position, a resume, and contact information for three references to Char Gray, Ph.D., Executive Director, PACC at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Call 717-796‐5076 x 2. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.