Program Manager, LIFT-Philadelphia
Posted by on July 11, 2011
LIFT-Philadelphia Program Manager
Our Mission and Vision
LIFT-Philadelphia’s mission is to combat poverty and expand opportunity for all people in our community, and we envision a day when all Philadelphians will have the opportunity to achieve economic security and pursue their aspirations.
LIFT-Philadelphia engages trained volunteers — dedicated and talented college students — to become advocates for underserved individuals and families. LIFT clients and volunteers work one-on-one to find jobs, secure safe and stable housing, make ends meet through public benefits and tax credits, and obtain quality referrals for critical services like childcare and legal assistance. Simultaneously, the LIFT experience pushes volunteers to grapple with Philadelphia’s most challenging issues related to poverty, race, inequality, and policy. Since LIFT-Philadelphia’s founding in 2003, over 500 volunteers have served more than 5,000 individuals and families. By 2015, our goal in Philadelphia is that 1,000 LIFT-Philadelphia volunteers will have advanced over 20,000 clients on their path toward economic security. LIFT-Philadelphia is part of a growing national movement – besides Philadelphia, LIFT runs centers in Boston, Chicago, New York, and Washington, DC.
About the Position
LIFT-Philadelphia is in the midst of substantial expansion efforts and we are looking for a dynamic, talented leader to implement our programming, grow our local presence and achieve significant impact in Philadelphia. The Program Manager is responsible for supervising the operations of LIFT-Philadelphia’s two sites. S/he will directly manage all program delivery and client services and will directly oversee AmeriCorps staff members and university student volunteers. Simultaneously, the Program Manger will serve as a visible spokesperson and advocate for LIFT-Philadelphia, working with LIFT-Philadelphia’s Executive Director to create partnerships with a diverse array of constituent groups including human service providers, university partners and government agencies. The Program Manager will set ambitious goals for LIFT’s impact and will lead performance evaluation at the site level. The Program Manager will report to LIFT-Philadelphia’s Executive Director.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
Program and Site Leadership
• Provide management, support, training, and direction to LIFT-Philadelphia Site Coordinators and student volunteers with special attention to client service quality and local volunteer management, training, and service delivery.
• Provide intensive oversight and consultation on all client service and program delivery
• With the support of Executive Director and LIFT’s national office, implement and maintain appropriate operational infrastructure and procedures
• Ensure safety and security policies are consistently followed
• Work with site team to set ambitious annual goals that are in-line with LIFT-Philadelphia’s strategic growth plan and drive superior performance against these goals
• Oversee reporting functions of the sites and compile monthly and quarterly status reports
• Help to strategically inform the content of and potentially facilitate national and local training sessions.
• Support the development and review of training and technical assistance resource materials.
External Relations and Partnership Development
• Build and strengthen relationships with local colleges and universities in Philadelphia and support student recruitment activities
• Establish and strengthen partnerships with key community partners
• Collaborate with Executive Director on efforts to expand programming in the region
• Serve as external face of LIFT-Philadelphia in the community, with university partners, social service providers, and in the media to increase visibility and brand awareness
• Commitment to LIFT’s mission and core values.
• Candidates are required to have a Masters in Social Work, Counseling, or associated field; licensure in social work (LSW,) or counseling (LPC) is preferred, and licensure eligibility is required.
• Experience and cultural competency in working in vulnerable communities and with high-risk populations
• Experience as a manager and administrator in a direct service or clinical environment
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to thrive in the start-up environment of a fast-growing, entrepreneurial organization. This involves flexibility, creativity, ability to take initiative, and a commitment to being a team player.
• Willingness to travel and to work some weekends and evenings.
Compensation and Start Date:
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, as well as excellent health care coverage, generous leave policy, and a supportive and engaging work environment. Target start date for the position is September 1, 2011.
How to Apply
Please email a resume and thoughtful cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity.
LIFT does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.
- Associate Dean – Equity and Access, Admissions, University of Pennsylvania
- Staff Attorney Position, Public Interest Law Center
- Operations Coordinator, Green Woods Charter School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.