Program Manager, Earth Force, Inc.
Employment Opportunity: Program Manager
Earth Force, Inc.
Earth Force, a national non-profit dedicated to engaging young people as environmental citizens, has an immediate need for a full-time Program Manager, working out of Philadelphia, PA.
Vision: Earth Force envisions a nation where young people from all walks of life are actively making positive change to the environment at their schools, in their neighborhoods, and in partnership with their communities.
Earth Force seeks candidates whose vision and values mirror those of the organization and whose talents and experience will enable the organization to realize its ambitious aspirations. Desirable candidates must demonstrate a passion for our mission, a desire to contribute to our shared successes, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to successfully manage multiple ongoing tasks. The candidate must also be able to communicate comfortably, both verbally and in writing, to small and large groups of diverse cultural backgrounds.
Description: Earth Force is looking for innovative thinkers who are interested in engaging young people, educators, and partners in the process of community decision-making around environmental issues. The Program Manager is responsible for all aspects of supporting Earth Force’s programs with community partners and educators, including providing professional development and on-site technical assistance to community partners that deliver Earth Force programs, identifying and leveraging the support of community partners who work with the schools and young people, and managing our AmeriCorps*VISTA Project. While this individual will work out of Philadelphia, he/she will be responsible for work in communities throughout the US.
Specific duties include:
Building community based initiatives in Philadelphia specifically, and in other communities across the country. This will include:
• Developing and maintaining relationships with a diverse group of community partners to establish networks of support for service-learning.
• Recruiting, training and supporting partners in the implementation of service-learning projects and the use of the Earth Force process.
• Increasing the capacity of schools and community-based organizations to effectively engage youth.
• Managing current grants and projects, while exploring new opportunities for funding and program development.
Managing the Earth Force AmeriCorps*VISTA Project. This will include:
• Establishing regular communication with partner sites and supporting site supervisors.
• Answering questions and addressing concerns from VISTAs and their supervisors.
• Assisting our VISTA Leader with the collection and compilation of all reports for this project.
• Directly supporting two AmeriCorps*VISTA members as they complete their weekly tasks and activities for Earth Force.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver and self-starter with a passion for engaging diverse groups of people in their environment and community. The candidate should have at least 3-4 years work experience in training adults and/or children, and leading and managing adults in a team setting. This candidate will have a deep understanding of civic education, community organizing, service-learning, and/or environmental education. Experience in the non-profit arena and the Philadelphia region would be beneficial.
Earth Force is committed to being an inclusive workplace, and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.
Closing Date: Until filled
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.