Program Educator/Manager, FinanciallyHers
Thank you very much for your support of Clarifi’s FinanciallyHers Program. This 4-year old program has provided invaluable financial education, counseling, and support services to over 1,000 women in the Delaware Valley. Partnerships with remarkable organizations like yours, have helped us achieve this level of success in such a short timeframe.
We are currently seeking a dynamic woman with financial and life experience to manage this wonderful program and help us take it to the next level. Please assist us by forwarding the attached job posting to any qualified candidates you feel would be a valuable addition to the FinanciallyHers program and the Clarifi family.
Job Title: Program Educator/Manager
Program: Women’s Financial Education Program (FinanciallyHers)
Hours Required: 40 per week
Reports To: Education Director
Position Summary: The Program Manager is responsible for managing several aspects of the program including but not limited to workshop delivery, scheduling, outcome tracking, and monitoring, as well as maintenance of community/corporate relationships. The employee must have a strong ability to relate to women and thoroughly understand their needs as it relates to singleness, marriage, divorce, motherhood, and primary caregiving.
* Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the areas of financial education or related areas with the ability to demonstrate expertise on financial topics.
* Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to complete projects independently.
* Previous experience in the financial services industry.
* Previous experience working with women’s issues a must.
* Ability to maintain and follow-through with relationships.
* Excellent presentation skills, as well as oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to manage deadlines and multi-task under varying conditions.
* Willingness to work a flexible, non-traditional schedule to represent the agency at local meetings, events and conferences.
* Ability to travel within Clarifi service areas footprint (PA, DE and NJ).
* Knowledge of all Microsoft Office Applications.
* Proven record of established key community contacts and relationships that can be utilized to promote the FinanciallyHers Program.
* Experience with event planning (speakers, venue, vendors, etc.).
* Familiarity with using online social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, blogs)
* Bilingual communication skills in English and Spanish preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
* Manages program logistics within local community – employers, grantors, and various community groups/partners.
* Interfaces with corporate and community partners to maintain relationships and encourage ongoing financial support.
* Coordinates with Director of Education on consumer-education strategy and program enhancements, including development of new topics addressing the needs of women.
* Coordinates workshop scheduling, location setup and delivery with the Education Coordinator.
* Facilitates a minimum of 2-3 workshops per week at community/partner locations per requested.
* Assists Director of Education in development of annual operating budget for program.
* Participates as needed in the grant writing process for program.
* Assists Director of Program Quality in collection of participant demographics and program feedback (surveys) and in evaluating program on a continuing basis to revise and/or update content and effectiveness.
* Assists Director of Education in planning 2-3 annual events promoting FinanciallyHers programming.
* May supervise support staff if necessary.
* Contributes to program quarterly newsletter.
* Facilitates online financial support group for program participants.
* Coordinates and participates in media events to promote the understanding of the Clarifi programs and philosophy regarding women issues.
* Identifies and markets opportunities for our agency through research of newspapers, Internet and involvement in community events.
* Oversees and coordinates workshop scheduling.
* Manages education tracking and reporting system(s) with Education Coordinator.
* Maintains & shares program/participant statistics and reporting.
* Manages online support group activity.
* Composes correspondence and presentations with proper spelling, grammar and articulation.
* Communicates accurately and clearly to internal employees and external partners.
* Works a flexible schedule and non-traditional working hours when required to meet business need.
Position is based in the Philadelphia Office. Travel extensively in the 10 counties in Southeastern Pennsylvania and Southern New Jersey and Delaware by automobile to partner meetings, present workshops, and attend events and conferences relating to education programs. Candidate must be a licensed driver with full-time access to reliable, properly-registered and insured car and be able and willing to travel to locations where education sessions are conducted.
Position requires incumbent to provide appropriate class material for workshop participants and community outreach events. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The environment for this position is a standard office environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to HR@Clarifi.org.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.