Program Director, Boys and Girls Clubs of Philadelphia
Posted by Boys and Girls Clubs of Philadelphia on October 06, 2014
Under general supervision, the Program Director is primarily concerned with the overall program at a Unit of the Boys & Girls Clubs. This includes responsibility for planning, coordination, implementation and supervision of program personnel. Certain administrative duties also fall within the Program Director’s responsibilities. He/she will develop and coordinate programs and activities related to the core service areas of the Boys & Girls Club programming.
Essential duties & responsibilities
- Provides leadership and overall direction to the innovation and quality of program services.
- Plans and manages overall Club programs, which maximize the impact of available resources and are consistent with the Boys & Girls Club approach to Youth Development.
- Provides leadership and direction to youth development professionals to assure the ability to carry out the Club’s Youth Development Mission and goals as well as their own growth and development.
- Understands and assures implementation of organizational policies, procedures, and goals, while maintaining a safe, clean environment conducive to youth.
- Creates a positive image of the Club in the community by marketing and publicizing the Club’s program and by networking with relevant community organizations.
- Assumes the responsibilities of the Club in absence of the Unit Director.
- Meets established schedules/deadlines as part of normal routine; accepts a variety of daily activities while maintaining high accuracy requirements.
- Maintains confidentiality in all assignments and responsibilities.
- Setting Standards: Leadership position where performance and overall organization expectations are modeled.
- Responsible for training/mentoring junior staff.
- Assist in the transportation of kids including, but not limited to, driving, van aides, and walking escorts when necessary.
- Responsible for helping to keep the Clubs clean.
- All BGCP employees are Mandated Reporters, and must report any suspected Child Abuse or Neglect to their direct supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or as assigned by the CEO(s), EPO(s), and/or Unit Director(s).
- Remains flexible and adaptable in work schedules and work assignments as defined by departmental and organizational needs.
- Represents Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia in a manner that conveys professionalism, confidentiality, courtesy, fairness, personal integrity, and respect for others.
- Delaware River Watershed Fellowship 2021 – Apr 2
- Director of Community Engagement, Research for Action
- Executive Director, Community Options
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.