Boys and Girls Clubs of Philadelphia
Program Director, Boys and Girls Clubs of Philadelphia
Under general supervision, the Program Director is primarily concerned with the overall program at a Unit of the Boys & Girls Clubs. This includes responsibility for planning, coordination, implementation and supervision of program personnel. Certain administrative duties also fall within the Program Director’s responsibilities. He/she will develop and coordinate programs and activities related to the core service areas of the Boys & Girls Club programming.
Essential duties & responsibilities
- Provides leadership and overall direction to the innovation and quality of program services.
- Plans and manages overall Club programs, which maximize the impact of available resources and are consistent with the Boys & Girls Club approach to Youth Development.
- Provides leadership and direction to youth development professionals to assure the ability to carry out the Club’s Youth Development Mission and goals as well as their own growth and development.
- Understands and assures implementation of organizational policies, procedures, and goals, while maintaining a safe, clean environment conducive to youth.
- Creates a positive image of the Club in the community by marketing and publicizing the Club’s program and by networking with relevant community organizations.
- Assumes the responsibilities of the Club in absence of the Unit Director.
- Meets established schedules/deadlines as part of normal routine; accepts a variety of daily activities while maintaining high accuracy requirements.
- Maintains confidentiality in all assignments and responsibilities.
- Setting Standards: Leadership position where performance and overall organization expectations are modeled.
- Responsible for training/mentoring junior staff.
- Assist in the transportation of kids including, but not limited to, driving, van aides, and walking escorts when necessary.
- Responsible for helping to keep the Clubs clean.
- All BGCP employees are Mandated Reporters, and must report any suspected Child Abuse or Neglect to their direct supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or as assigned by the CEO(s), EPO(s), and/or Unit Director(s).
- Remains flexible and adaptable in work schedules and work assignments as defined by departmental and organizational needs.
- Represents Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia in a manner that conveys professionalism, confidentiality, courtesy, fairness, personal integrity, and respect for others.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.