Benefits Data Trust
Program Coordinator Philadelphia, Benefits Data Trust
Benefits Data Trust (BDT), a rapidly growing, national not-for-profit organization, is committed to transforming how people in need access public benefits. Located in Center City Philadelphia, our diverse and socially conscious staff enjoys a casual and productive work environment and most of all making a difference.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Program Manager and Project partners by coordinating the various project phases, processes, communications, reports, and evaluations for their contracts. In doing so, the Coordinator prepares, develops, and supports implementation of the program in accordance with project timeframe and goals. The Coordinator organizes and conducts presentations with various project partners and facilitates regular meetings and information exchanges to ensure all project partners remain aware of relevant information.
Supervisor: The Program Coordinator reports to the Program Manager.
BenePhilly Center Oversight (50%)
- Provide ongoing training, informational support, and goal tracking to at least 7 Benefit Access Centers (BAC).
- Conduct ongoing announced and unannounced site visits to observe process on an ongoing basis (at least 1 visit per quarter).
- Serve as a resource by maintaining strong procedural knowledge of deliverable benefits, community resources, Community PRISM, and Appointments Plus to assist BACs with troubleshooting as appropriate.
- Lead and facilitate meetings with BAC Counselors, BAC Supervisors and the City’s Community Empowerment and Opportunity (CEO) regarding updates on contract goals, project timelines, and sharing/connecting resources.
- Plan and implement monthly continuing training for BACs, including refresher training on benefits and processes, presentations from community partners or resources, and professional development.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external community partners to increase project awareness, build trust, identify client referral opportunities, and learn about other service or support opportunities for clients.
- Facilitate, participate and/or coordinate BACs presence in community outreach events, conferences and community meetings aimed at educating the public about benefit programs and the services available through BenePhilly.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.