1199C Training Fund
Program Coordinator, Integrated English Language Literacy & Civics Education
General Overview of Position
The IELCE Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of the IELCE and IET (Integrated Education and Training) programs for ESL students interested in pursuing training and employment in healthcare and human services. This position entails providing oversight of the instructional program and the instructors who are implementing the required IELCE and IET program activities, student recruitment, orientation, assessment, student post testing, case management goal setting, barrier removal, and transition into the IET program or other training and employment opportunities. The position also involves supporting the joint upfront and ongoing planning process of the ESL and occupational instructor in developing and implementing the IET program, and development of class schedules. This is a full time position with benefits that reports to the Director of the College and Career Readiness Department.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Support on-boarding, orienting, and assigning new instructors
• Finalize class schedules and classroom assignments
• Coordinate upfront and ongoing instructor planning schedule, and participate in these meetings
• Ensure that curriculum and lesson plans integrate all required components and follows state guidelines, and provide ongoing supervision of instruction
• Recruit students in collaboration with organizational partners and use of social media
• Perform student intake, orientation, assessment, and assignment of students to classes, ensuring full enrollment
• Provide case management – student goal setting, barrier removal, and transition support
• Coordinate with instructors to ensure post-testing is implemented timely
• Coordinate with Quality Data Specialist and Data Clerk to ensure data is input as required by state guidelines
• Engage instructors and participate in agency’s Program Improvement Team and PLC activities
• Ensure that supplemental online learning is provided and technology is embedded in instruction
• Ensure assignment of Classroom Aides
• Coordinate with the agency’s Nursing Director and Workforce Development Director in engaging the nursing instructor assigned to teach the IET program along with the ESL instructor
• Ensure all IET credentials are provided – CPR, First Aid, and Home Health Aide
• Track student transition from the IELCE program into the IET program, ensuring 50% of the IELCE students transition into the IET program
• Work collaboratively with the agency’s placement services and CareerLink in developing job placement opportunities for graduates of the IET program
• Generate relevant reports of student and program performance outcomes
• Obtain and maintain all needed documentation in student files
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Master’s Degree or equivalent experience in TESL/Linguistics or Education. Must possess a minimum of 3 years of classroom experience along with program administration and case management experience. Proven skills in data management/analytics; excellent technology, organizational, and program management skills.
To perform this job successfully, an applicant must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Power Point and the Windows Operating System. Must be able to operate general office equipment. Must be highly proficient in using databases, and effectively use the PA Department of Education’s “E-data” system, the City’s “ASAP” system, and the agency’s ETO database. Must be accurate/efficient in using technology to keep up to date records.
Must be able to work two evenings per week and be available for flexible hours as needed. Will be required to meet offsite with CareerLink staff, employers and post-secondary programs in the Philadelphia area. Must possess strong communication/interpersonal and teamwork skills; ability to maintain confidentiality; ability to motivate others towards achieving goals while maintaining a clear sense of boundaries; ability to multi-task; excellent organizational, time management, and critical thinking skills; positive problem solving skills; ability to work independently and with a team; ability to work efficiently and at a highly productive rate to achieve required outcomes; ability to work with a strong sense of focus, remain task-oriented, detail oriented and nonjudgmental.
To apply, please submit the following documents by July 16, 2018:
• Cover letter outlining education and relevant experience and resume.
• Copy of Degree and Transcript of grades for the highest degree obtained.
Application should be sent electronically to Cheryl Feldman: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.