Program Coordinator II, Office of Civic Engagement
The Office of Civic Engagement connects Rutgers University–Camden to communities beyond the campus. Working with community partners, we support efforts to meet the challenges facing our host city, county, and region through engaged civic learning, volunteerism and service, community-based research, and integrated efforts and partnerships.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Program Coordinator II for The Office of Civic Engagement. This position reports to and is under the supervision of the Program Coordinator I and Associate Chancellor of Civic Engagement at Rutgers Camden and the Rutgers Future Scholars (RFS) Director at Rutgers University New Brunswick. The Program Coordinator II shares responsibility for the coordination of key components of the Rutgers Future Scholars program, a competitive college preparation scholarship program, operated on the Rutgers-Camden campus. The incumbent assists in supervising RFS seasonal and temporary personnel, assist in the development and implementation of academic, cultural, and personal development programming for RFS participants and families, maintain administrative office duties, assist in managing and supporting budget and program reporting, maintain accurate records and data, support and foster relationship with RFS Director, the Camden public schools, other RFS sites, partners, and other relevant agencies. Among the key duties of this position are the following:
• Assists the Program Coordinator I in supervising and evaluating RFS program staff at the Camden site.
• Implements counseling and academic support protocols and procedures.
• Assists in conducting staff training and orientation activities/workshops.
• Assists with the development and implementation of programming for RFS participants at RU site consistent with the overall goals and objectives of the program.
• Consults with the Program Coordinator I and/or Director in finalizing the creation and implementation of program components.
• Documents all project activities, outcomes, and results.
• Conducts and evaluate student assessments.
• Develops student learning plans and monitors student progress.
• Coordinates, facilitates and supports RFS Camden site participants with networking, mentorship, and college readiness activities
• Assists in the management and support RFS budget and program reporting
• Assists in the Submission all budget and program reports required and/or requested on time and error free.
• Ensures that all programming and budget expenditures meet RFS specified requirements, obligations, and timeframes.
• Performs general office management duties.
• Maintains accurate records and data on RFS site participants and ensure compatibility of data collection and maintenance with University systems and requirements.
• Supports and fosters relationships with the RFS Director, the Camden Public School System (CPS), other RFS sites, partners, and other relevant agencies.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.