Program Associate, Summer Search Philadelphia
Posted by Summer Search Philadelphia on November 17, 2020
ABOUT SUMMER SEARCH
While young people from low-income communities – who are disproportionately young people of color – face systemic inequities in school, in the workforce, and in life, they possess unique strengths, resilience and tremendous potential. When provided with support and resources, these young people fulfill their potential and achieve success in school, work and life.
Through a combination of mentoring and transformative experiences, Summer Search supports young people to successfully transition from adolescence into adulthood. We aim to unleash the potential of our young people while also building a toolkit for navigating and challenging systemic barriers to higher education and career opportunities.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM ASSOCIATE ROLE
Summer Search Philadelphia is seeking a Program Associate to manage a caseload of approximately 35 high school students, building long-term relationships and providing mentoring through a combination of group and 1:1 conversations from sophomore year through junior year of high school. Taking a student-centered and culturally relevant approach, Program Associates utilize Summer Search’s unique mentoring methodology, prepare students for two challenging summer experiences, and support post-secondary readiness and matriculation. Program Associates partner with students to provide individualized support of the many facets of students’ lives, which includes conversations about school, family, friends, race, class, gender, sexuality, summer programs, and more.
WORKING AT SUMMER SEARCH
We are committed to staff learning, growth and development. Our holistic investment includes:
- Competitive salaries. The salary range for this position is $38,250 to $41,300
- Medical insurance with up to 90% employer contribution
- Dental, vision, FSA, life and disability insurance plans
- 401 (K) and Employer Match up to $2,000 annually
- Generous time off including 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, and 18 ‘holidays’ (3 floating holidays of your choice, 10 company-wide holidays and a 1-week December closure.
- Individual, local, regional and national training; plus, a $200 professional development stipend for external training
- A commitment to developing leaders from within the organization
- An organizational culture that supports staff well-being and holistic self-care/community care
- Ample opportunities to connect with the students and communities we serve
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
With a staff that cares deeply about social justice and racial justice, we believe that diverse perspectives and backgrounds create a rich work environment and enhance our ability to pursue our mission. We are committed to building an organization with raised consciousness in order to impact how we work with students, as well as how we work together as a team.
- Center for Black Educator Development – Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunity – Dec 31
- Digital Technology Manager, OIC of America – Dec 18
- Director of Intensive Behavioral Health Services, Public Health Management Corporation
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.