Program Associate (Part-time), Entrepreneur Works
Entrepreneur Works is a non-profit organization that creates pathways of opportunity for talented yet underserved entrepreneurs. Across the Philadelphia region our clients start and grow small businesses, create jobs for themselves and their neighbors, and strengthen the local economy. As a non-profit organization offering access to small business loans, training, and one-on-one counseling, Entrepreneur Works empowers small business owners from all walks of life to prosper and build sustainable communities. We support hundreds of aspiring and established entrepreneurs each year, with a particular focus on those who are low- to moderate-income; women; immigrants; members of racial or ethnic minority groups; or are otherwise underserved. Since 1998 Entrepreneur Works has impacted approximately 4,600 microenterprises and advanced 447 microloans, investing a total of more than $1.6 million directly into neighborhood businesses. At least 83% of our clients identified as members of a racial minority, while 68% resided in low- to moderate-income households and 60% were women in Fiscal Year 2016.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience.
• Manage and execute digital marketing activities including social media platforms, email marketing, blogs, analytics, etc.; assist with maintaining website)
• Establish and maintain Entrepreneur Works online networking groups (e.g. Facebook Group for Women)
• Developing/securing digital content (i.e. articles, videos, e-books, white papers, photos, presentations, etc.)
• Developing client stories and testimonials
• Managing and executing offline marketing activities (distributing promotional materials, print ads, attending networking and promotional events, etc.)
• Establishing strategic partnerships with organizations/businesses, etc. that have access to our target populations
• Achieving all client participation goals related to Entrepreneur Works contracts and grants
• Conducting on-going marketing activities targeted to Entrepreneur Works’ existing customers, customer database, and target market Program Administration and Development
• Assist facilitators with coordinating and managing groups and their activities including:
o Executing enrollment process for all Entrepreneur Services programs
o Coordinating/scheduling/hosting workshops, meetings, networking events, etc.
o Securing workshop/meeting/networking event facilities and resources (i.e. presentation equipment, materials, instructors/guest speakers, etc.)
o Corresponding with business development consultants, instructors, guests, etc.
o Assisting Director with creating services and programs
• Maintaining and executing all reporting requirements for Entrepreneur Works’ Programs (including data input, writing program reports, files, etc.)
• Maintaining and executing all client data input required for program reports and statistics
• Manage client data base system (TEA)
• Drafting program reports for Board meetings
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Entrepreneur Services
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
College degree preferred
1-3 years’ experience in an office environment/program administration preferred
Extensive computer skills. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe); ability to learn new software applications quickly
Proven skills in social networking (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.); familiarity with digital/inbound marketing
Superior verbal and writing communication skills; public speaking and presentation skills
Highly organized and detail-oriented; ability to multi-task
Creative and critical thinking skills
Ability to effectively communicate with people from various backgrounds
Has demonstrated experience in community outreach
Must be committed to Entrepreneur Works’ mission of growing successful businesses in low- and moderate-income communities.
Contact Info: Please send cover letter and resume via e-mail (with “Program Associate” in the Subject Line) to Tanya Grinblat: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.