Program Assistant Position, GLC House of HOPE 4 Girls
Posted by GLC House of Hope 4 Girls on December 18, 2017
GLC-HOPE is a non-profit organization designed to improve the quality of life for at-risk teenagers in the inner city of Philadelphia and surround counties, with emphasis placed on education, psychotherapy, and social skills. We strive to Help Other People Excel (HOPE) to better our communities for generations to come. Ultimately, the program strives to empower students to present themselves successfully as candidates for internship, employment and post-secondary education opportunities.
Job Description: GLC-HOPE is looking for interns with experience in any science, technology, engineering, art & math (STEAM) or computer science major to share activities with a group of young women. Experience gained in the classroom and through personal application will be accepted. Experience working with young people in a summer camp setting desired but not required. The program assistant will have an opportunity to experience working in hands-on activities with a diverse student population. The Program Assistant will also provide administrative support to program staff in other initiatives.
- Facilitate STEAM hands-on activities and existing lesson plans for young women (13 – 19 yo)
- Assist with individual students during lessons and activities
- Prepare online resource library, to include curriculum materials and/or resources
- Schedule/coordinate student professional development tours as well as tours of local college campuses
- Support staff with organizing, promoting, and managing events
- Assist with preparations for and clean up after weekly sessions
- Provide administrative assistance and clerical services as needed
- Assist with program social media campaign
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong organization skills
- Sharp attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven self-starter and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work on a team
- Experience with social media, primarily Facebook and Twitter
- 10 hours/week with moderate flexibility
- Ideal candidate should be able to work a few nights a semester
- Fall and spring semester commitment
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Any academic background accepted, STEAM fields preferred but not required
Application:Submit a resume, cover letter, and fall 2017-semester availability to Karen Jackson at Karen@glchouseofhope.org by January 10, 2018. If selected, applicants will then be contacted to schedule an interview.
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Call for Partnerships + Community Volunteers: Callowhill Community Fridge
- Near Peer Coaches for 1st & 2nd Year Temple students
- Shelter Health Outreach Program: Collaborators and Donations Needed
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.