Program Assistant, Local Initiatives Support Corporation
Posted by Local Initiatives Support Corporation on March 2, 2015
Philadelphia Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) is a catalyst for community change, working with partners to strengthen neighborhoods and improve the lives of residents. Philadelphia LISC combines corporate, government, and philanthropic resources to help community-based organizations revitalize underserved neighborhoods. Since 1980, Philadelphia LISC has invested $353 million to build or preserve 7,789 affordable homes and apartments and develop 1.7 million square feet of retail, community, and educational space.
Philadelphia LISC is the local office of LISC, a national nonprofit community development organization that has invested $13.8 billion in 30 cities across the United States. For more information about LISC, visit www.lisc.org or the Philadelphia local office at www.lisc.org/philly.
LISC seeks a Program Assistant to provide critical programmatic and administrative support to the Philadelphia office. This entry-level position will support functions such as funder reporting, proposal writing, performance measurement, database management, grant administration, compliance and disbursements. The Program Assistant will report to the Deputy Director.
- Assist Program Officers with grant-making activities, including administration, monitoring and compliance.
- Support the preparation, processing and management of contract and grant documents and amendments.
- Assist in monitoring contract reporting requirements, including site visits, disbursements, and program activity reports.
- Assist Program Officers with disbursing payments to consultants and grantees; prepare and track expenditure records and invoices for grants.
- Support the Executive Director in the development and writing of funding proposals and grants.
- Create and maintain funder reporting schedule. Create program templates and coordinate and/or write periodic grant and funder reports.
- Coordinate, maintain, and monitor data entry for local grant and performance outcomes database.
- Develop and maintain accurate, accessible and up to date information on grantee accomplishments and projects and all relevant program data for reporting performance measurement.
- Work with program staff and grantees to ensure up-to-date financial and organizational information is on file for grantees and borrowers.
- Develop sound working expertise in National LISC’s grant-making database and online reports system.
- Assist with special events and training logistics as needed.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with local and national staff.
- Perform other programmatic, special projects and related duties as requested.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.