Prevention Educator (Consultant), ADAC
Posted by Anti-Drug & Alcohol Crusaders Inc. on July 27, 2021
The Anti-Drug & Alcohol Crusaders, Inc. (ADAC) is a non-profit organization that has been in operation for 34 years delivering substance misuse and violence prevention education, recreational activities, and support services to youth and families residing in West, South, and Southwest Philadelphia.
The Prevention Educator Consultant is responsible for providing violence and substance misuse prevention education to youth in a school-based setting. The position will be virtual, in person, or a combination of both, depending on the school. Payment is $75 per class.
- Work under the direct supervision of the Director.
- Provide evidence-based violence and substance misuse prevention curricula to youth in grades Kindergarten through 12th in classroom and/or small group community settings.
- Engage participants in lessons and activities that will foster personal growth and development of life skills.
- Identify youth in need of additional services and refer for case management services.
- Gather data for required documentation and submit in a timely manner.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- An Associate’s degree in studies related to psychology, education, behavioral health, or human services, preferred.
- A minimum of two years of experience working in education, youth recreation, social services, and/or related fields is required.
- Experience working with a diverse population in an urban environment is preferred.
- Good classroom management skills.
- Creative and engaging presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Other Requirements: Child Abuse, Criminal Background, and FBI clearances will be needed.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and three (3) references to Chantae Brabham at email@example.com.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.