Preparing to Support Student Voters in the Event of a Campus Closure Toolkit
Posted by Students Learn Students Vote Coalition on September 29, 2020
We’ve been listening to your concerns about supporting student voters in the case of a campus closure. Over the past few weeks we’ve been developing materials informed by the expressed needs and ideas from Ask Every Student campus leaders and nonprofit partners from the SLSV Coalition’s Resource and Support Working Group.
We’re pleased to share this comprehensive “Preparing to Support Student Voters in the Event of a Campus Closure” toolkit that we designed to address the challenges of this situation that many campuses may experience this Fall.
This toolkit housed on the above page includes:
- A checklist to help campus leaders prepare in advance to support student voters in this scenario
- A sample replicable website that clearly centralizes key information students need to know (with an instructional guide to make your own!)
- A student voter voter move-out sheet template that would be shared with other move-out materials
- A move-out voting plan quiz that uses a “choose your own adventure” format to offer scenario-based voting guidance directly to students.
One of the most important takeaways that campus leaders and nonprofit partners expressed was that you can and should start preparing for this scenario NOW. Prepare your plans and materials ahead of time to avoid last minute scrambling and discord!
We hope that these materials can help ease anxiety around this situation and ensure student voters can confidently cast their ballots in any scenario this Fall.
If you have any questions or feedback, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the toolkit: https://www.studentvoting.org/campus-closures
More in "New Resources"
- Department of Planning and Development Housing Helper Benefit Tool
- New Issue of Liberal Education: How COVID-19 Turned Higher Ed Upside Down
- New Newsletter: Pathways to Reform, Transformation, and Reconciliation
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.