Pre-conference Data and Evaluation Workshop
Posted by National College Access Network on June 8, 2015
NCAN to Offer Pre-conference Data and Evaluation Workshop
NCAN is excited to offer our first ever Pre-conference Data and Evaluation Workshop! The Workshop will focus on data collection, usage, and evaluation and will take place on Sunday, September 27 from 1-5pm in Orlando. This is the day before NCAN’s 20th Anniversary Conference kicks off. The cost of this Workshop is not included in the conference registration. It requires payment of a separate registration fee of $99 for NCAN members and $129 for non-members.
The Pre-conference Data and Evaluation Workshop will be led by Dr. Chrissy Tillery, Director of Evaluation for the National Council for Community and Education Partnerships (NCCEP). Dr. Tillery will lead attendees through a wide variety of data-related topics including:
- NCAN’s Common Measures and Benchmarking Report.
- Sound student-level data collection principles for college access and success programs.
- Baseline, intervention, and post-intervention data collection.
- Legal processes and protocols to put in place for collecting and using data.
- How to effectively collect and use National Student Clearinghouse data.
This workshop will provide beginner-level information for data managers, program leadership, and any other staff concerned with data management and evaluation. The workshop will provide hands-on examples of how to build or expand understanding of both your program’s outcomes and opportunities for improvement through employing appropriate data collection strategies. Materials will be provided.
Space is limited to register soon. To learn more about the workshop and the conference, click here.
- 2021 Virtual PA STEM Symposium – May 4-6
- 9th Annual Summer Institute in Digital Literacy – July 11-16
- Call for Creative Submissions: Sustainable Lehigh Valley Booklet
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.