Policy, Planning and Performance Intern (Undergrad), School District of Philadelphia
Posted by School District of Philadelphia on September 11, 2017
Policy, Planning and Performance Intern (Undergraduate)
Schedule: 15-20 hours per week
Salary: $12 per hour (undergraduate students)
This is a position that offers a hands-on learning experience for a candidate interested in strategic planning, performance management, and communications to assist the Office of the Superintendent on multiple projects.
The Project Assistant will be exposed to various aspects of strategy and implementation in a large urban school district. The candidate should have an interest in supporting large public sector organizations, specifically including strategic planning, performance management, and communications. The Project Assistant will work closely with the Chief of Staff, Assistant Superintendents, and other members of the Superintendent’s leadership team to deliver and follow up on the Superintendent’s strategic priorities.
- Research education policy issues and strategic management practices and assist in disseminating information to the District’s leadership team
- Create and update resources to assist school-based leaders in streamlining workflow and keeping track of critical dates, deadlines and people.
- Develop knowledge management strategies and internal modes of communication for School District staff to improve information sharing and cross-department communication
- Assist in creating performance management strategies, frameworks, and metrics to drive progress toward the District’s anchor goals
- Create presentation materials and talking points for internal and external audiences and diverse stakeholder groups
- Assist with multi-media outreach efforts to highlight the District’s goals, actions, and progress
- Supports the District’s policy review, revision, and adoption process to ensure compliance and consistency across policies and practice
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Graduated from or currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program with an expressed interest in urban education, public administration, public policy, education policy, urban studies, business administration, or a related field of study
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task and regularly meet deadlines
- High level of integrity and personal accountability
- Ability to work independently and/or remotely with limited supervision
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Chief Marketing Officer, Pennsylvania Horticultural Society (PHS)
- PACDC: Programs Assistant (Part-time)
- PACDC: Administrative Assistant (Part-time)
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.