Policy Fellow Job Description, Sustainable Business Network
Posted by on April 13, 2009
Policy Fellow Job Description
The Policy Fellow will support the Sustainable Business Network and the Green Economy Task Force Policy Committee’s public efforts through research on current and pending legislation, as well as formulating proactive recommendations for future legislation. This position is a summer position designed for a graduate student. The ideal candidate will be able to work full-time from mid-May through the end of August with the option to continue part-time during the Fall semester.
* Policy Research: Track local, state and federal legislation related to green collar jobs and the green economy
* Committee Meetings: Attend Green Economy Task Force committee meetings and take minutes
* Writing: Prepare white papers and written reports with recommendations for future legislation
* Special Projects: Fellows may also work on special projects utilizing their specific skill sets or areas of expertise
* Copying and Mailings: Make copies, prepare mass mailings, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Current graduate student studying public policy, planning or economic development;
* Working knowledge of legislative process;
* Strong, clear written communication and research skills;
* Ability to sift through a wide breath of information and produce a clear summary;
* Some demonstrated commitment to SBN’s values;
* Creative problem solver;
* Self-motivated, able to work independently on assigned tasks
SBN has a stimulating and energetic working atmosphere, supportive and creative staff. This position will give the Policy Fellow the opportunity to interact with a growing and diverse community of local business owners and leaders.
How to Apply:
Applications are requested by April 30, 2009. Please submit a cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications, resume and one writing sample to Leanne Krueger-Braneky, Executive Director, at email@example.com. Calls about this position are strongly discouraged.
- Apply to Become a Americorps VISTA
- Staff Attorney, Public Interest Law Center – Apr 5
- Summer Openings for Staff and Apprentices at the Center for Black Educator Development
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.