Placement Coordinator, Faith-Justice Institute, St. Joseph’s University
Saint Joseph’s University, located in Philadelphia, has an immediate opening for a full-time Placement Coordinator. This Placement Coordinator reports to the Faith-Justice Institute Director and serves as the Service-Learning program’s official contact person to community partners. The Placement Coordinator will have primary responsibility for the development, coordination and evaluation of the service-learning placements. In this capacity the Placement Coordinator collaborates with the Assistant Director and community partner site supervisors to ensure mutually beneficial relationships and meaningful learning experiences.
Specifically, the Placement Coordinator will be responsible for:
• Meet regularly with the Director and Assistant Director regarding aspects of the program.
• Collaborate with Assistant Director in planning and implementing service-learning program.
• Deepen commitment to service sites through engaging site supervisors/clients in various organized activities (campus visits, on-site activities, Meet & Greets).
• Foster relationship with faculty through site development and ongoing service-learning site experiences.
• Utilize excellent verbal and written communication with not for profit agency site supervisors to develop ongoing relationships, monitor service-learning experiences and inform of programmatic details.
• Coordinate transportation and safety training of first year students in service-learning program.
• Direct placements of students in sites as well as continuous monitoring and problem-solving of service-learning experiences.
• Maintain current documentation of site information and student placements.
• Evaluate service-learning student and site experiences through oversight of evaluation process and placement statistics.
The qualified candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree. Must also have three to five years experience in a service or service learning role or an equivalent combination of education and experience; mastery of intermediate skill level in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet search software; and excellent communication skills (i.e. grammar, vocabulary) to be applied to telephone communications and to written communications such as email, letters, memos, etc. A Master’s degree is preferred.
For a complete description of position responsibilities and requirements and to apply, please visit our website at https://jobs.sju.edu. All applications must be submitted on-line through the employment site.
Saint Joseph’s University is a private, Catholic, Jesuit institution and expects members of its community to be knowledgeable about its mission and to make a positive contribution to that mission. Saint Joseph’s University seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.