Public Citizens for Children and Youth
Picasso Project Arts Education Grants
When children have access to arts in school, they become creative thinkers and better students. Since its inception in 2002, the Picasso Project provided over 40,750 children access to innovative arts projects by providing mini-grants to their schools. The Picasso Project awards grants of up to $5,000 to schools annually to support projects in creative, performing and digital arts. The goal of the program is to improve the quality of arts instruction at under-resourced schools, improve school climate by giving kids an outlet to work together on projects, and spark student interest by integrating arts with core academic subjects. At the same time, students and teachers at Picasso Project schools use their projects to advocate for funding for school arts programs at both the local and state level so future generations of students can express themselves through art at school.
Picasso Project provides grants of up to $5000 to support innovative teacher-driven arts projects (visual art, music, dance, theater, and digital media) in Philadelphia public schools. Additionally, grant recipients engage in advocacy activities to support equitable arts education funding for Philadelphia’s students.
- Applications must be completed by a teacher from a Philadelphia public school (District–managed and charter). *Application cannot be written by project partner/organization
- Applicant schools may have no more than 2 full-time arts teachers on staff, including teachers in art, music, dance, drama, and digital media (not including part-time/itinerant teachers).
- Schools must have an Economically Disadvantaged Rate of 60% or higher, according to PA Dept. of Education Data – click here for list.
- Schools that have received a Picasso Project Grant for 3 consecutive years must skip a year before applying again.
- Lead teacher for proposed project must attend a Grant Info Conference Call or Info Session before applying. Click on one of the dates listed below.
Picasso Project Grant Conference Calls – click to RSVP:
- Thursday, September 27, 2018 at 4pm
- Friday, October 12, 2018 at 4pm
- Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at 4pm
- Monday, October 22, 2019 at 4pm
Grant application deadline: Thursday, November 1, 2018
Click here to apply for a Picasso Project Grant
More Grant Opportunities
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.