Philadelphia Teacher Residency Program
Posted by on April 27, 2009
The Philadelphia Teacher Residency (PTR) program, a teacher preparation program to retool science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) professionals to teach math and science in Philadelphia public schools, is now recruiting. Please help us in our recruitment efforts by forwarding this information to colleagues and friends who may be interested in this unique opportunity.
Below is a brief outline of the program structure:
* For a full school year, program participants (Residents) receive training at the elbow of a veteran teacher in a high school classroom.
* Residents complete their coursework at the University of Pennsylvania Graduate School of Education to earn both a Master’s Degree as well as Pennsylvania teacher certification.
* Contingent upon the availability of funds, Residents receive tuition supplement and a living stipend to support their full-time training.
* After the year-long program, Residents teach in the School District of Philadelphia (SDP) for at least three years and obtain a hiring commitment from the SDP to do so.
For more information, visit our website: http://www.philaedfund.org/ptr or contact Liz Palmer, Recruitment Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Coordinator/Mentor – Worksite and Curriculum Coordination, Urban Affairs Coalition
- Manager of Employer Services
- Community Engagement Associate, MANNA
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.